View Single Post
Old 07-21-2004   #106
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite
E,

that was a very interested enaligy :stick: (j/k)

Really we share Cause we can. - I'm proud of my hard work, I mod my car the way I want to. You don't see me running Stock Body kit, None painted interior cause that's what everyone else likes do you/wants me to do? - Hell NO.

My car is my from of Relief from Life. I've spent the last 8 years getting to this point with it, in one way or another.

As far as showing it off to people, what ever you might think,
-I'm not looking for approval from anyone
-I'm not competing with anyone.
-I set my goals for myself, and I try to attain them.
-If people want to know what I have under the hood, so be it.
-I share my work cause for me it's nice to hear about how others are coming along and what's new with everyone.... just another way of sparking conversations

I find going to the hang outs, and cars shows fun. Why? cause it's a chance to meet people, and to discuss a shared interest. I don't go there show off what I have. For the most part I park my car and most of the time I just lock it and walk away and start talking with other people. I don't know maybe I don't get how you get showing off with wanting a nice looking car/Engine bay? if you want to put showing off along those lines, then wouldn't "racing" be "showing off" as well? Cause I think it would be in the same category.

You say you do it for fun. Ok that's fine.... well we polish our engine bays, and make our cars look the way we want to because it's fun as well. Which means by your words, that we aren't showing off anymore.

Anyways Like I always say it's your car, mod yours the way you want. Cause your the one who owns it.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote