View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012   #9
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Re: Obamacare, Opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
That didn't explain how it's being paid for?

While I don't like the idea of government running healthcare, I don't know enough about the plan to really form a strong educated opinion. I do think healthcare was getting out of control the way it was, so I'm pro-change. I hope it ends up being an improvement.
Sorry Halon, The summary i quoted i read it afterwards and said the same thing. but i didnt want to quote all of the different titles.
Basically its paid for by taking the current system, streamlining a lot of the process through electronic records etc, then imposing various fees and taxes (yes i said taxes) on various items such as elective surgery, and high income earners. (over $250k a year). But I recall reading somewhere (not sure if i read it in the actual bill or somewhere else) but they are closing a error where pharmacies were double billing the gov for medicare claims.

I have read the bill once when it came out. And constantly go back to it whenever a story comes out about it to check the validity of the statement. and to be honest, its not as scary of a piece of legislation that everyone is making it out to be. Even if you were to read just the titles then the sections under each title, it actually explains a lot. Then if it peeks your interest, read the section.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote