View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014   #1
xaisomboun

Drives: 92 Galant VR-4 313/1000
Send a message via AIM to xaisomboun
FOR SALE: 1992 Galant VR-4 $2000

Up for sale is a 1992 Galant VR-4 (313/1000).

2xx,xxx miles on the chassis and unknown on the motor as it was replaced by previous owners.
The car is in running condition right now although a little rough around the edges. (Please read cons if concerned.)

The following is copy/pasted from previous sale threads for this car to save time.

Engine:
(Engine was rebuilt due to melted piston)
-Bored .020
-Forged 8.3:1 wiseco pistons
-Head and block decked for Cometic MLS head gasket
-Reconditioned stock rods
-ARP head studs
-Head lightly ported
-Head reconditioned(new guides,springs, valve job, etc.)
-New front case(oil pump)
-Balance shafts removed
-All new timing components and water pump
-All bearings and gaskets etc.
-Rebuilt 14b turbo
-3inch turbo back exhaust. (Old magnaflow muffler rusted a hole in it so I just replaced it with a 3 inch pipe.)

Now onto things I've replaced.

-New-ish Exedy Stg 1 clutch replaced by me about 5k miles ago.(Replaced clutch fork, pivot ball, resurfaced flywheel for
the new clutch, and a new OEM throw out bearing.)
-STM Performance -6an fuel feed line kit with re-wired walbro 255 fuel pump.(Replaced old fuel feed because the hardline
for the fuel sending unit snapped off.)
-New radiator fan. (Stock one did not turn on when I acquired the car.)
-New 90amp alternator from Beck/Arnley.
-Not so new but better than before power-steering pump. (Previous one had a wobbly wheel.)
-Philips x-treme power headlights. (Old ones burnt out.)
-DIY Rear bumper support. (Old bumper support got rusted so bad to the point where it was about to literally fall off
the car. Guide was followed on this thread. -> http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/...9&Main=1019876)
-BRAND new tires 2k ish miles ago.
-I HAD a newer socketed ECU with a mild chip tune to throw in but one of the pins have corroded away. Now running stock
ECU. (Socketed ECU will come with car.)
-New Akebono brake pads on the front.
-Ni-copp rear brake lines. (Old brake line was leaking pretty bad.)
-Techna-fit braided brake lines from B2Autodesigns (Bobdole) on the .org forums. (Have only done 2 corners so
far, haven't had time to do the other 2)
-Clutch master cylinder replaced around the same time as the new clutch.
-Brand new short shifter from JNZ tuning.(It's the longer one suited for a GVR4.)
-New passenger side control arm with new ball joint and swaybar link.

CONS:
-Ever since I've owned it, it does NOT like sitting in 80-90 degree humid weather in stop and go traffic for long periods of
time.
-Minnesota rust on the under-carriage.
-Leaks power steering BAD. One of the previous owners thought it was a good idea to JB-weld a high-pressure hardline on
the rack and has decided to fail pretty recently. I have removed the power-steering belt to prevent damage to the pump.
-Idle-air controller on the ECU is acting funny so it will have a low idle/idle surge when warming up. (Idle calms down
after completely warmed up.)
-Leaks a drop of oil every day or so. Not sure where its coming from.
-Passenger side e-brake cable has snapped. (I have a brand new replacement still in box.)
-Will need new front rotors soon. (I might replace them before the car sells if I have enough time.)
-Sub-zero degrees in the Minnesota winter will make the lifters tick for a while. (I have a new set of ITM 3g revised
lifters in a container of oil, bled and ready to be installed.)
-Turbo spools pretty slow, I'm assuming its either the wastegate actuator or a leak on
the wastegate flapper.

Reason for selling:

-I work full time and I'm planning to go back to school soon. I really have no more time to work on this car with all of
it's flaws that I've discovered from owning it.

Asking for $2000. (Please no low-balling, I am in NO rush to sell this car.)
PS. It will come with a box of extra replacement parts I have accumulated for the car. (Spare radiator, coil-packs, power transistors, headlight housings, valve cover.)

Pics:

(Will update with more pics later.)

Last edited by xaisomboun; 11-21-2014 at 02:35 PM..
xaisomboun is offline   Reply With Quote