View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009   #17
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: Tunning question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
That's what it sounds like but my throttle almost doesn't change more than 1% the whole time while cruising. And i stay out of boost while it's happening, even if i step on it and put it in open loop, it still returns back to whatever state it was in. I.E. if it was early in the gear or if i'm ripping on it i'll get a good 11.5-12.1 AF when i get on it in the high setting. If i wait for i to switch, it likes to run 9.9-10.3 as it's set up now under WOT in the low setting.

Car has the following, to give you a full idea:

Stock 9b turbo's
450cc injectors
SAFC-II
GM MAF translator set at 0 for everything for now and using the SAFC only
MBC
3" turbo back with WB on the front bank
AEM WB 02 sensor
MMCD logging software used on palm
FPR set at 38psi no vacuum last i checked
Vacuum line reduction
Dejon 3/S intake splitter with Maf in blow though
Fuel Pump rewire
Battery relocated to the trunk
New plugs
Wires were new, but didn't make any difference so i went back to the after market ones i had on originally.

Oxygen sensors look fairly new, but i have never replaced them myself. But logs do show that both are cycling going back and forth on voltage.

Old plugs looked good, had about 2,500 miles on them and they were still ok, but while i had everything apart i was just gonna toss a new set in for $8. Using NGK part number 5553, i believe they are BKR6ES-11 thought of going platinum but no one can ever give me a good reason why to, copper seems more liked for boost, and i know the eclipse liked them much more than the plats.

Gap is set at .028, i get blow out at .032 but still get a miss slightly at .030 and .028 pulls hard under WOT. And it's running about 14lbs of boost atm and holds about 10 to red line.

What are your throttle settings for high and low for the s-afc? Is it configured correctly? When did the problem start to occur?