Thread: Re Introduction
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014   #1
AwdGSX13

Drives: Cars
Re Introduction

I figured id re- introduce myself to the DSM community as it has probably been 4-5 years since I have been on the forum. My name is Matt and when it comes to dsm's I have owned 4, 2 - 91's, a 95 and my current one which is a 94. I also owned for a brief time an 05 evolution that I sold to buy my house.

I've met a few of the guys on here, but I'm sure that there is a lot of new members.

I am an estimator for a body shop, if anyone ever has any questions that pertain to body/paint id be more than willing to help and if i cant answer it i work with a lot of techs that have been in the industry for a long time that can.

I just bought a 94 Awd Talon a few months ago that came pretty much stock with full exhaust, cams and walbro 255 and it was never tuned. I drove it maybe 30 miles and decided to take it apart and start my build. Basically now I installed an ETS front mount with the short route piping, i swapped the turbo out for a freshly rebuilt bastard 20g. The car came with evo 560's that I decided to use for now to save some money and will probably end up swapping out next year. it also came with a 2g maf set up that I will use to start and probably switch out later with a gm maf set up. When i took everything apart I noticed the Radiator was leaking, so i bought a Mishimoto replacement and went with a single slim fan as the short route piping doesnt leave much for room. I finished everything up last week just in time for the cold to set in so I put the car away to sit until next spring when i can get it to DB for a tune. The only benefit is now at least i can save some money for DSM link and not go through with using the AFC II I have.

'94 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
'06 Acura TL
AwdGSX13 is offline   Reply With Quote