View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012   #2037
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

Well, Shawn texted me a great idea last week and finally I got to trying it tonight. I spent like 8 hours working on my cousins 07 maxima this weekend doing his brakes (with beers in between of course) so I didn't even want to work on my car.

Anyway, advice = pull CMC bolts off and pull CMC out at the same time as brake booster.

success! Thank you Shawn!

So the instructions on the magnus leave out some stuff and make it seem so much easier than it is. There is one bolt for the plate that is absolutely buried under the dash and I had to take this off to get at the bolt at all.

No idea what it is. However I still couldn't get it really with the tools I had. I ended up just unscrewing it from the engine bay, which took forever...but finally...progress.

Anyway, I lost like half my allen wrenches somewhere, so I wasn't able to continue. The CMC bolts onto the magnus adapter plate with big ass allens, so I need to figure out that size and continue on. Half way done though, should be easier putting it back on, well once the CMC is back on, the rest isn't too bad.

Anyone know those allen bolt sizes for sure?
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote