View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016   #99
bramagedained

Drives: EVO IX SSL
Re: My "new" car/project.

The last of my suspension stuff came today.

Front coilovers/control arm/TC rod. All of which is now adjustable. The only adjustment in the OEM Datsun stuff is toe.

The setup uses the same Koni damper that I have in the rear.

Now there is a 225lb/in spring in front and 250lb/in spring in the rear. They're generically a 2.5"x10" coil front and rear which makes for a lot of options should I feel the need to change rates.

Stock arm vs new:

As part of changing the front, the wheel studs also needed to be changed. I was someone worried about this since the current studs have been in there since the factory, nearly 42 years ago.

To my surprise they came out quite easily.

I already had new ARP ones, which are much longer and also M12x1.5 to match the rear. OEM was M12x1.25.

I had the new studs in the freezer, with the hope it would make install easier. I don't know if it made a difference, but, it was pretty easy going.

Now that I have all the parts I can also throw in the brake swap that I've had sitting around for a couple of months now.

This involved separating the disk from the hub, there are 4 bolts and it's sort of press fit on. This also came apart without drama, I expected things to be corroded together because well, it's brakes.

Im not super into the drilled/slotted thing, but, that's the only way they come with this kit.

I finished one side of the car. I could have worked on it solid and probably finished the second side today too, but, there's no hurry.

vs old:

I did have to clearance the dust shield or whatever it's called so the bigger caliper would fit, the backing plate of the inner pad also needs to be clearances slightly(not actually near the pad material itself). Pretty minor modification for OEM brakes from another brand that otherwise bolt right up.

Last edited by bramagedained; 02-22-2016 at 07:44 PM..
bramagedained is offline   Reply With Quote