View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016   #9
dogwhistle

Drives: Life's too short to drive boring cars.
Re: Living in South Carolina? Let me hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowWhite View Post
Greenville is where its at.

Its. Currently listed as one of the fastest growing fortune 500 business areas in the US.
Quote:
I have debated several times moving from Columbia area to Greenville for better work. Amd schools for the kids.

And its basically right in the middle between charlotte (1hr) and Columbia (45min)
Quote:
You are also much closer to performance shops with dynos. And you'd still be an hour or less to CMP. And like 1.5 to Darlington
This is very interesting, I was mainly loving the politics and geography of the area and I have a friend who lives over in Keowee and loves it. I was drawn to Columbia due to the established business etc but good to hear my initial attraction to Greenville isn't bad! Thank you so much for the insight, I think on my next visit to family in FL, I'll stop by for a tour. Lake Carolina had my recent eye, but I feel that Greenville is a little more the environment I enjoyed passing through a few times over in Chatanooga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehehodi View Post
But the "polar vortex" just started! Already thinking about moving? haha
Haha got my e85 FRS started in below 0 this morning so that's a good sign, but yea in general a little bit of me bitching out, and kinda not a fan of the politics, and general public of the metro area. Also how far your dollar goes is important.