Thread: 007 Eclipse
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004   #7
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes
Ouch you suprise me ricky...

BUrning oil = piston rings most likely, thats why someone mentioned do the compression. when you burn oil it means that every time there is ignition in the cilynder some oil burns.. logical? but since it is a turbo'd car you could also have bad seals in your turbo as well. another is valve seals could be hard and letting oil thru... those are pretty much the two situations where you could be burning oil, another one is a headgasket has cracked by the oil passage towards the cilynder but that would also cause your vacum/oil preassure to go up as well i beleive. I would inspect your oil and make sure it is clean.

Running rich, is exactly what it says, having a big fat wallet in your pocket!!! lmao no, you need to get safc and cut some fuel out so that you don't waste your gas. tuning will take care of this. But what you have to know when you rev your engine higher than 4000 or so you will be getting smoke out of it especially this time of the year!

-E