View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009   #14
scheides
flips McGee

Re: Speed Density on Evo ECU

So much for 'waiting till this weekend' LOL!

The big improvement since yesterday is in the fuel trims, I have them dialed into right around 0% for LTFT mid. Also leaving from a stop the car would want to stumble and die, some logging showed that load jumped into the 80 range and AFR leaned out to 18:1. Tweaked the SD MAP VE map a bit and fixed that, stays in teh 14's now as I leave from a stop and no stumbling!

Here's where I'm at:

My LTFT Low is still at -12, but I haven't let the car idle a ton. While giving my buddy a ride the other day he was semi critical of the idle, which I had left around 1200-1250 rpm. I was super happy because of how it would not dip below that at all, and he was saying he thought it really should be lower for me to say its 'solid'...anyways, I made one tweak to idle rpms (haven't touched any of the ISC Stepper tables or anything yet!) and bam, the car idles at about 900rpm, maybe 925. Logs show 900-950-1000 but the tach needle just sits dead inbetween the 800rpm and 1000rpm tick marks. Kelford cams, ported head, ported everything else, not a single dip or stall, its absolutely mindblowing!

Going to review some of my WOT logs and see where timing is at, but boost is set at 19psi now and afr is in the high 10's on my wideband. Ready to get back up to 24psi and try and get dialed into my old tune. I have yet to touch AFR, timing, injector scaling or latency values aside from translating or copying them over from my old map.

Ooh, also, the car seems jittery while its warming up, and I've noticed that at 2000-2500 rpm while cruising sometimes it feels goofy to. AFRs are around 14.5-15 so need to see what else is going on to cause this. It is very subtle once warmed up.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote