Thread: TkrPerformance
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010   #15
daneatsv8s

Drives: 91 Galant VR4, 97 Eclipse GSX, 91 Talon TSI
Re: TkrPerformance

I swapped the 6 bolt in because I had a change in plans regarding my DSMs. I had half of the parts I needed to finish my Galant the way I wanted it. The 6 bolt was freshly rebuilt, and already had a comp stage 4 clutch etc. Since I'm still in school I decided that instead of building a "fast" car that I had no purpose for, I would just make a good street set-up out of my GSX. I threw in a 16g and rather than buying a clutch that could handle the added power for a 7 bolt, I decided to put my 3,000 since rebuild 6 bolt motor in. As many people on this forum can tell you, the motor was in my daily car. I drive it day in, day out and it's been incredibly reliable for me, on top of the fact that I had done the t-belt, water pump, job less than 5,000 miles before. That is the only reason I was comfortable selling the motor as "running".

All your suggestions about taking the motor back and giving Mark the $200 make sense, which is why I told him that I was willing to do it in the FIRST place. That is the whole point of this thread. I didn't tell him to screw off or tell him he was wrong, I said I would refund him his money as soon as it was verified that the motor was bad. You all seem to know him so well, but the bottom line is I don't. I can't just take someone's word for it that the motor is "junk", crankwalked, and the bearings and crank are all shot too. In this case I am going to protect my interests and have it examined by a neutral third party. Anyone who either knows or has done business with my brother or I know how laughable it is to think that we would just take the motor and disappear. What would I do with a 7 bolt motor that I have no use or car for? That's why I sold it in the first place. I don't think that anyone who actually takes the time to OBJECTIVELY read what I wrote in the emails (rather than just skimming them and then posting at the bottom with your take on the matter) will agree that I could not have handled it in a more professional manner. The entire point of me telling Mark that I would not refund him is because there was NO response from him for 6 days, while I am well aware that he was online during that time because he posted on this forum on several occasions. Although I will add that Mark somehow thinks my brother should have come and picked up the motor, as if he had somehow RESPONDED to my email and had actually agreed to doing what I had asked, which was exactly what I was waiting for in the first place.

And Kracka, as to the Best Buy example, I would either issue a refund or refuse it on the spot IF that were applicable to this situation. If I had a customer service counter somewhere that someone could plop a 7 bolt to be examined quickly, then I would. Bringing it to Primo to be inspected is the same thing as the Best Buy associate opening the box, looking at the camera, and deciding if it's broken or not. Simple as that.

I'm not out for anyone's approval and I certainly don't need anyone to tell me that my actions are shady or that I'm a scammer.

Last edited by daneatsv8s; 07-28-2010 at 09:49 AM..