View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008   #1
iroc_g

Drives: 97 GSX, 95 TSI, 04 Celica TRD
SMIM Showdown! Lets figure this out once and for all!

RESULTS: http://64.23.101.235/Iroc_g/SMIM.htm

I recently bought a old style JMF Race mani from Swifty1638 (great guy) from this board. As I have flow bench at work, we decided to make sure there were no flow issues with the manifold. Sorry to say, there were. And Im not mad at Swifty or bashing him in any way. He didn't know, and I dont think anybody else knew about the problem either.

I don't want to post any numbers up yet, but needless to say, I was less than impressed.

So, here is what I want to do; not only for myself, but the rest of the DSM community. I want to compare every SMIM I can, so we all can see which is the best. Now, I can't afford to buy one of each and test them. What I'm hoping is that all of the members here that have a SMIM would be willing to part with it for a few days so I can test it. Im not going to charge anybody a dime to flow their manifold. In fact, if my boss wants to charge me to test all of these, Im going to pay it myself.

So. Calling all SMIM owners! Below is a list of all the manifolds I want to test. If I'm missing one, please let me know and Ill add it to the list.

JMF Street (old style)
JMF Race (old style) Iroc_g TESTED
JMF Street (new Style)
JMF Race (new style)Halon TESTED
JMF Drag
Magnus Street (W/ Stacks) Blageo23 TESTED
Magnus Race
Magnus Street (W/O Stacks) Iceminion
Forester
AMS
Venom 95talonracer TESTED
Slowboy
Beyond Redline Race VENDOR!!!
LSE Intake PushIt2.0 TESTED

All the manifolds should be for a 6bolt head. In order to make this easier, the SMIM can have ANY TB flange. I am going to make a reducer, so all manifolds will be tested at a 1g throttle body opening size.

I know FFWD has been working on doing this for quite some time. But, I hope that locally, we can do it much faster.

I live in Apple Valley, and work in burnsville. Anybody willing to get me there SMIM to test will get it back in no more than a few days. If the situation needed, I could test it the same day I got it, so you wouldn't miss it for more than a day. It would be nice to have a couple days so im not rushing things though.

Help me out. I want to put together a comprahensive list of all SMIM information, so everybody will be able to choose the best SMIM they can.

Last edited by Kracka; 01-14-2009 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: added link to results
iroc_g is offline   Reply With Quote