View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010   #392
scheides
flips McGee

Dyno numbers on the BBX!

Got the new setup tuned today! As usual, Shane couldn't push timing much as beaterX is kinda a bitch and/or we just don't have very awesome pump gas around here. Shane said that the car *loved* timing in that it would make decent gains for every degree added but it wasn't always liking it. We ended up running only about 13°*up top, really a lot less than I expected, but the car feels fantastic now.

It rolled in at 321whp @27psi tapering to 25-25.5 and left with 346 @ 28 tapering to 26 and a crap-load more midrange than it came in with. More on that in a sec.

Dyno Dynamics numbers, 1.0CF:

Shootout/Dynojet numbers:

28psi peak, tapering to 26. Here's where a BCS might help a bit up top, but my FMIC is overtaxed as it is, so meh. Both Bryan@GST Motorsports and Chad@CBRD said that every psi over 25 yields great great gains on this turbo and that 28 is a great target for pump gas.

Nice and rich to help prevent knock

Here's the best! When I first bolted this thing on, it was at or below the torque of my stock turbo. NOW with the tuning love from DB Performance, I went from 282wtq on the stock turbo to 311wtq with the BBX! Granted, I also have the MAP o2 elim downpipe on the car now as well but it really doesn't matter, the new setup lost some spool but I'm up torque and power bigtime!

+68whp/+29wtq

Lost about 800rpm of spool, but this turbo is rated at 58lbs/min. Seeing 25psi by 3900rpm is pretty damn good imho.

I'm extremely happy with the new setup! So smooth, decent power, and should be very reliable. Time to go to the track and see if I can get this bish into the 12's! I've got 2000 miles on the ACT 6-puck and 1000 miles on the BBX already; I'm ready to just keep driving this thing and keep having fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote