Old 03-17-2014   #10
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Anyone interested in Cobra adapter brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
The Baer 1G kit also used Cobra rotors & pads. I forget the year range, but the kit instructions told you to buy pads/rotors for a 'XX-'XX Mustang Cobra if you needed replacements. The Baer 2G kit used Corvette rotors.
Interesting and thanks for the info. When I was doing my research I had heard while the calipers are the same, their mounting cradle is just at a slightly different offset, which in turn made the rotors at a slightly different offset, which meant you had to continue to use their rotors. Maybe they changed the design, or maybe it only applied to the 1g or the 2g kit, or maybe the info I read was incorrect (imagine that).

Either way, you end up with a setup nearly identical to the Baer kit, for almost half the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1ngletracker View Post
The calipers were $50 each for new raybestos units with brackets too (no core charge). Good luck finding DSM/VR4 calipers for that much
Yep, and for those of us that are impatient they're likely available same day or sitting right on the shelf at any of the big name auto parts stores! Price, availability, and numerous options are what make this setup so great in my opinion.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test

Last edited by Halon; 03-17-2014 at 04:08 PM..
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote