View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009   #2
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Air Filter Shootout Test - Results!

Please note the red generic filters would not fit my adapters so they could not be tested.

Here are a few quick pictures and initial impressions of some of the filters:

Perrin - generic - Amsoil - Vibrant

Perrin: Oiled foam type filter, massive surface area, came drenched in oil so I rubbed some of it off with paper towels, can't see daylight through filter.

generic cone: cotton gauze oiled filter, open top for more filtering area, looks to be very high in quality, can't see much daylight through filter leading me to believe it will filter decently, possible flange leakage as its not molded directly to the filter base.

Amsoil: Dry filter, easy cleaning with only an air compressor, extremely high quality in appearance, the best filtering air filter available according to Amsoil, open top with plastic internal velocity cone, I'm the most impressed with this filter.

Vibrant: Dry filter, good quality, open top for extra surface area, can practically see through the filter so I'm guessing this does nothing but keep bugs and birds out of your turbo.

K&N: The excess black rubber on the filtering media (oiled gauze cotton) really disturbs me, this does nothing but cut into the available surface area for filtering/airflow, is between the Vibrant and the generic filter in terms of light that can be seen through it, based on appearance only the K&N is the worst quality.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote