View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009   #3
scheides
flips McGee

Re: Air Filter Shootout Test - Results!

Woot! What a blast! Tons and tons of dyno pulls and the car is running like a champ. It was a good time and I'm glad we finally put this test together. It was amazing to see how all the different filters performed by just swapping them out. I have logs from each and every pull we made today. AFR's were very consistent from filter to filter, and the only real curve ball was doing no filter at all; which made no more power than the higher performers. I'm glad to see my old rusty buschur filter holding up and performing like a champ; it's too bad the newer ones they are pimping do not perform the same as the old ones.

All in all I'm sure we'll keep adding info to this thread as time goes on. Please keep flaming to a minimum, we did what we could with what we had. Please take this test at face value. We have no hidden agenda or anything to gain from posting these results; just did it for fun! And of course, for the most powerful cars on the street

ps--special thanks to Modern Automotive Performance for donating the dyno time. If you're interested in any of the products featured here, contact them!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote