View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009   #59
twack
It was a auto get over it

Drives: something better then you
Send a message via AIM to twack
Re: Dear twack and albert lea mike and all primo members please post!

Well for starteers when i first got my talon i had no clue what a DSM was. All i knew were AWD and turbo so i dropped $2500 on it. Drove it home and that week the brake calipers and rotors needed to be replaced. Then my hood latch failed and i had to buy a CF hood and a new windsheild. the o2 sensor was bad. needed new motor mounts. oil leaks. plugs and wires had to be replaced. my valve seals were bad. oil sender was bad. timing belt was cracked, the worst intercooler piping ever. This was all stuff i found in the first month. It got expensive real fast. At the time i knew only a little and had mechanics do most of the work, Until i got my top end rebuilt then after that i realized if i was ever to have any money i had to lear how to do this. so i sat down and started reading, i read all the time and asked a lot of question. Now 4 years later i can pretty much do anything and everything to a DSM without being worried. It takes time and patience. Make sure you have a daily driver because the DSM WILL BREAK DOWN. it will be a love hate relationship. But before you ask question go on tuners and look at their How tos, half what you ever need will be in there. The other half is usually found at vfaq, after that we can help you with pretty much anything. Dont let the money of the repairs get you down, sadly the best thing is to not look at the receipts, trust me when your where i am the bill gets ridiculous

Last edited by twack; 06-18-2009 at 07:21 PM..
twack is offline   Reply With Quote