View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009   #14
slowbubblecar
Big Turbo Monster

Drives: GTS and E55
Re: Bowled a 278!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D. View Post
At my peak I was bowling 3 nights a week and a traveling league every other Saturday. Never in my life averaged over 195 or so, I've rolled 11 in a row twice (first frame owned me, got a 279 and 279) and have only one or two sanctioned 700 series in my name. I blame it all on the fact that I was always using 5+ year old equipment. New bowling balls are insanely forgiving and consistent, GsXtUrBo98 is proof of that.
Keep bowling and the numbers will continue to go up. I have had a few sanctioned 300s and higher 700s, but I never quite got the sanctioned 800. That was the next target for me before I quit. I have done it a couple times on fresh lanes in practice, but never did it in league.

The equipment you use and the alley you bowl it can make a big difference. My 220 average was at Texa Tonka in St. Louis Park which I would consider one of the easier alleys I have bowled at. At times, I could have 4 boards or so of room and still pound the pocket. I bowled in a few leagues with the "sport shot" and didn't average much more than 190 (at the same time I was averaging 220). I was never at the top of the curve with the equipment either as it can be expensive. I would buy the used balls at the pro shop to get a decent ball at half the price.

7/25/09
Motorcycle cop pulls up next to me on UNI and says "Want to race?"
Me- "I don't think you would stand a chance."
Cop says "probably not" and drives off.
slowbubblecar is offline   Reply With Quote