View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010   #4
MATCHBX
Any 2 card caller.

Pinball Smash Up Champion!
Re: rates.. USAA vs. Progressive

Give it another year and a half and your rates will drop. Or go get married. Having multiple car and multiple line discounts help as well. Sometimes just taking out a small life insurance policy with the same company helps drop everything. I don't know if USAA offers life insurance, but with State Farm my ex took out a life insurance policy to gain the multi-line discount. She paid $7 a month for the life insurance policy and it dropped her car insurance $10 or so a month.

They get you if you're under 25, unmarried or have tickets and accidents. Another thing that affects your rates is your credit score. Although, the longer you are with a company and build up a good relationship with them, the better the discounts will be regardless of your credit score. If they still won't drop your rates for these things, threaten to take your business elsewhere. Tell them you are shopping around and usually they will try and find "discounts" for you. I have State Farm and when I switched to them, my agent looked for every possible discount they could find for me. If you have a good agent, they will do these things for you. If not, I would look elsewhere. I've been with mine now for over 10 years and they have always treated me right. My wife has USAA and they have always treated her right too.

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

It's always the second mouse that gets the cheese....

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Superjealousfragilemisswithsexualneurosis----John Valby
MATCHBX is offline   Reply With Quote