View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014   #242
carltalon

Drives: 98 Eclipse GSX Auto
Send a message via AIM to carltalon Send a message via Yahoo to carltalon
Re: Carl's 98 auto AWD project Black Magic

I haven't updated this in a while. Over the winter I had the transmission out to replace the forward drum and clutch pack the were bad. Yesterday I took the car out to test the transmission so that I could trust the car for some longer drives this weekend. I drove it around for a while and the transmission was working great. I went into town and put in $20 in fresh E85. I took some nice backroads home and was getting on it pretty good coming out of corners. the car felt pretty good so I made a 2nd gear pull. it pulled good till close to redline when the check engine light flashed. I knew I was getting some knock so I let off. I stopped at a stop sign so I desided to log a pull and see what was up. I turned the corner and floored it. As soon as the turbo spooled it went BOOOM!!!
I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

I'm not sure where I'm going from here. I will be looking for a replacement engine, but I haven't decided if I'll go fully built or just another stock 2g 7bolt. It will probly come down to what is available for what I can afford.