View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014   #1
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Advanced Lower Engine - Decisions, decisions...

Advanced Lower Engines is one of my classes for this semester here at Northwest Technical in Bemidji [where it's always nice & sunny, HA]. For said class we meet certain times a month to discuss things. One of the projects we are to start working on is making up a build sheet for our "Advanced Engine" project. It is a combination of Advanced Upper and Lower engine(s) class. Said build sheet is due by the second of October.

Like the indecisive f*ck I am however, I am having the worst time trying to decide on whether to build a six bolt or a 7. Then it is a decision between a 2.0L or a 2.3L. Well...really it is pretty simply; either build a 2.0L 6 bolt because of the availability of a G4CS crank (not much of one if any), or a 2.3L 7 bolt because I have many 7 bolt blocks & a 4g64 crank readily available.

Another idea is to consider what car I would like to put this into....because let's face it, I am after-all building an engine to put into a vehicle. I have three main vehicles in mind; '92 TSi AWD manual, '95 Mirage AWD auto. or my '95 TSi AWD auto. One can always decide later I suppose. However transmissions become an issue one should figure into the over-all "build". Being Mitsubishi manual transmissions seem to be made of glass it makes one learn towards an automatic. Then you think of converter stall(s) and the like.
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote