View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006   #7
Thor06
11 Seconds to Freedom

Send a message via AIM to Thor06
Re: We have compression, spark, fuel, and timing but not a running car. HELP!

Well, it cranks over seeing as how we took a compression reading so the battery is in working order. We tested spark by taking the plug out puttin it on the wire, grounding it, cranking the car over and watching for spark on the plug. All four sparked so all the ignition stuff is still good. Yes, the other ECU was off a running car. We also had his apart, nothing was blown out or anything. There were no signs of problems with the clutch when it was running before it died. No, the fuel pump is not rewired. I got a wiff of the air/fuel mixture shooting out of the spark plug hole when we were testing spark so I know its getting some fuel. One thing I forgot about was fuel pressure. When it first died, the first thing we tested was the pump, we could hear it pumping so we know its not totally dead. We also changed the fuel filter, does it matter how the banjo bolt is on in relation to the gas hose thing going to the fuel rail? How do you do a fuel pump rewire? How can we test the fuel pressure? Thanks guys.

EDIT: I will check the plug wires. The car ran fine for a few months and the wires were never off more than one at a time. Plus they are all different lengths so its not too easy to get them on the wrong plug.

Last edited by Thor06; 06-05-2006 at 04:25 PM..
Thor06 is offline   Reply With Quote