View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015   #25
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance
Re: Over Boosting? Need some help guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonsway View Post
so i removed the arm and took it for a drive, at about 4-5k i was seeing about 20 pounds of boost and at about 6/6.5 almost 30 pounds of boost. So if i am thinking right this means i found the problem, and that is that my waste gate is bad? So start shopping for a big 16g Waste gate actuator?
If I am reading this right and the arm was removed to allow the flapper to open all the way right away, then you have bad boost creep. The fix would be a larger flapper and porting or an external wastegate. Another option is to choke the exhaust or intake system so that the turbo has a hard time making boost, which obviously isn't the best option for power.

Quote:
well I wanted to hold 15 maybe 20 pounds. So if I could get it to hold around there I would be happy. Might just start saving for a external waste gate set up, just drive it like it is because I can not figure out why this is happen. My friends DSM with his 16g and he only boost like 12 and it holds perfect
Being able to hold 12psi fine with a 16G on a DSM is actually weird and not how they normally act. And what his car is doing does not matter and is not going to fix what yours is doing.