Old 11-24-2007   #36
Black97civic
35mpg

Become the 16-Bit Wizard Champion!
Send a message via AIM to Black97civic
Re: HIDs installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
you need to calm down. Calling someone's work half-assed without having any specific reasons is just plain disrespectful. I see you make a few points about doing projectors and mounting stuff properly, but you're being too vague. If you really want to be semi useful, write up a project thread and show us how a proper hid conversion is supposed to be done. Don't just show up and insult someone's handywork.
What exactly do I need to be more specific about. Don't install HID's in halogen projectors, it makes for an overly bright and crappy beam pattern that has been proven to be unsafe, and deemed illegal by the DOT. Obviously there is a reason why it is legal in OEM applications and not when you do it like this.

As far as being useful and writing a guide, why would I do it when there are probably hundreds of them on the site that has already been posted. Go to hidplanet.com if you want to see the right way to do this install safely and legally.

Sorry if it is insulting, but if I wrote a thread about how I glued a turbo to my exhaust manifold, I would expect to get called out. Half-assed is what this install is, I'm not saying that this guy is a bad mechanic, or stupid or anything, but he didn't go about this install the right way.

Edit: Would everyone quit crying if I edited my posts and said "incorrectly installed" instead of "halfassed"?? I didn't realize this place was becoming so uptight, I remember the days when if someone did something incorrectly/riced out their car/acted like an idiiot, we could call them out on it.

Last edited by Black97civic; 11-24-2007 at 03:06 PM..
Black97civic is offline   Reply With Quote