View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016   #2
tehehodi
Braaaaaaaap!

Drives: '09 Silveraydo
Send a message via AIM to tehehodi
Re: School me on handguns

Glocks are good but whatever you choose, pick one that fits your hands and train with it. Do you want a carry gun or strictly just range and home defense?
I personally like hammer fired pistols so my opinion is different from others.

For EDC(Everyday Carry), get something slim and small that you can efficiently hit targets with and have the option to conceal or even just stick in your pocket and go.(IE: S&W shield, glock 43,etc in the holster. Bodyguard, LCP380,etc for pocket.) You can carry larger compact pistols but you are limited and could have the potential of printing. Also, if you carry in the holster, I want to mention that pooping in public places becomes a hassle. When peeing, just pull your wang through the zipper(un zip of course)

For range home defense, find a pistol or rifle or shotgun that would best suite your layout of your home. You have children in the home so be aware where you bullets could go and make a plan. Also a safe(you know this already). Maybe get something smaller that your wife could possibly use as well if you are not home.

As far as holsters, I really like my alien gear holster but I also like the looks of stealth. I carry IWB(inside the waist band) and i would love to AIWB(Appendix inside the waistband) but I'm too fat still.

I'm sure others will chime in who have carried longer than I have.

Last edited by tehehodi; 11-19-2016 at 12:06 PM..
tehehodi is offline   Reply With Quote