View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010   #57
TkrPerformance

Drives: toaster
Send a message via AIM to TkrPerformance
Re: jhaan_dude is a good guy

sold him a few 14b's along time ago and that went fine.

So I asked him to find me a smaller hot side for my gt40 and just a hot side. when I got it back it had a smaller hot side that was machiend to fit,a t3 center section, non 360 bearing,had the front cover cut and machined and the welded back together with the garret and a pte parts. It no longer had the gt40 intake wheel on it. It had a gt35 wheel on it.
I put it on to get it to the cook out last year (it took him 3months to do this) started up the car and the it blew a ton of smoke. wanted to go to the cook out so that is way it went. It burned 2qts of oil from the round trip maple grove to rogers.
Then he ''fixed it" new oil seal and a 360 bearing. then told me it was my car that made it blow the oil seal out.

what he said that was wrong with my set up
1. oil feed was wrong (from ofh,with earls filter ran all the turbos that way)
2. drain was to small (-10an)
3. bov did not work right (tial)
4. intake to restive (hks filter on the turbo)
I never had any problems with all the other turbos that have been on the evo at all with the same set up. The only thing I changed was the manifold put on Jon's 1st top mount from his galant

After the 1st time getting fixed it made it around the block then blew the oil seal would not build boost and the intake wheel ate into the housing. Was pissed about this left some good voice mails and took a while to get back to me.
So the 2nd time diffrent intake wheel new seals. this time it made it 30miles before the wheel came loose and ate it self and the front cover.
So that was the end of that and I bought swifts 6776 so I could drive the car. Then got calls wanting the turbo so he could fix it right or the money for the work I did not wanted. Just wanted a new smaller hot side (5in out was just to big. works great on a airplane push back just not a car) I still have the pile of crap and use it as a door stop now.

Now with the 6776 I have not had any problems at all and swifty had pte fix it before I picked it up and it works great on the same set up as the gt40 was on.
TkrPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote