View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005   #52
BKs50trimGST
Post whore

Send a message via AIM to BKs50trimGST
Re: 50 trim in - lot's of smoke from exhaust

I talked to Shindley today about C/W and it's very easy to test your car for crankwalk i guess, when he pulls my engine apart in the next day or two he's checking for exactly what happened to the car, for all we know it could be crankwalk, he doesn't believe so because of how the car sounded and how it takes a good 5-7 seconds to start now, he said that if your car is shoowing signs of crankwalk all you have to do is change the bearing (something like that) and the car will be fine - now if you've damaged the crank - then either you buy a new one or get the 6-bolt, shindley isn't against 6-bolts at all and you and i all know that, right now my $$ situation isn't the greatest and if i were to buy a 6-bolt, get it rebuilt and modded - it's alot more than just rebuilding and modding a 7-bolt. all i have to say is, yes shindley may be convincing - but he knows his shit - he may talk alot but he does know exactly what he's talking about. as for align honing when putting in ARP mains i really like to know more about that before he sends it away to the machine shop, because if it is critical to making my engine better or lasting i would like to make sure he does it, even if he's against it. And please for the love of god, u all know that some of you go to Shindley for advice. Just making sure, are Wiseco pistons, and Eagle rods good? well i know they are but anybody out there think a set-up for a 7bolt 2g that's better?