View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008   #5
SLOW_V

Re: Polar Mazda BAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QUICK4 View Post
Unfortunatly it is an all to common thing for dealers to do illegal shit like this.

On another note, If you go in for a test drive DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR ID.
They will tell you they need to get a copy of it in case you never return with the car but that is bullshit. What they are doing 99% of the time is illegally running a credit check with your info while you are out driving. Which can hurt your credit score if you decide not purchase from them

I'm dumb, tell me how a dealer run a credit check from your license. I don't know how much an urban legend this is but please enlighten me. I'm thinking they like to keep track of how many dumbass like me to go test drive their cars for the hell of it and for sales lead.

As for the guy with finance troubles. Just return the car and if needed pay them miles for crappie service to end the deal.
As with my experience, dealers will play with numbers in attempt to get you what you want. Other then doing stupid things like using someone's credit score/SSI. I don't care what they do to get me where i want to make the deal without over promising. Meaning, I know realisticly, I can't get a 25k car with nothing down for 350/month on 5yr note with so-so credit. The math simply doesn't work.

Last edited by SLOW_V; 05-10-2008 at 05:15 AM..
SLOW_V is offline   Reply With Quote