Thread: MitsuStyle.com
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006   #64
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey
Re: MitsuStyle.com

This is going to be my final post in this thread as I do not agree with the namechange but wanted to make a few comments based on Allan's last post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMStyle
I see Andrew's point. DSMStyle was/is home to many DSMers, but the fact is we have never been just a DSM club. It was a main focal point, and it was a big part of growing.
Having the DSM as the focal point of the site until now has obviously been a success and the site has grown exponentially, which is where I don't follow why there is this sudden push for HUGE growth.

Quote:
MN EVO and MN 3S are to active groups that are ran by a few senior members on here (Curt & Chris D), and that last thing I want this transition to do is make it seem like we want to pull members from there over here.
Then why is this new namechange being marketed to the members as a chance to draw members from "other" places? Like I said in my earlier post, if people don't feel welcome here because they don't own/drive a DSM, they need to open their eyes and look at the DSMStyle.com community.

Quote:
We just want to make a positive transition into a big growing period for us, and give everything we can to our members and sponsors.
Why the sudden push for a BIG growing period? As previously mentioned, in my opinion, this push for a BIG growing period is going to draw an incredible number of people who belong spamming the newbie forums on Toonerz. I have yet to come upon a truly large forum/site that carries the class which the current medium-sized DSMStyle.com has. I wish the administration and moderation team the best of luck on being able to keep things under control down the road.

Quote:
....give everything we can....sponsors.
If the site is giving everything it can to the sponsors, why shouldn't the sponsors do the same (treat members fairly & I'm referring to one specific sponsor)? Yes I'm bitter.....

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote