MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 07-07-2008   #1
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Drives: Currently Mitsu-less
Ingalls rear camber kit

Installing the kit on my 1g DSM and working at getting the old bar off (the one that the camber kit replaces)

So the front by the spindles comes off smooth, no problem

it is the inside close to the center diff that is giving me problems. The sleeve that the bolt goes through on the bushing has rusted and the bolt is stuck on the sleeve.

Someone had to have this prob before and was wondering if there was a trick on loosing them or braking them apart.

Don't have an impact wrench (which I really want right now)

Do I just have to grind the bolt head off?
This is kind of a pain...

on a side note, does anyone use the Eibach Alignment Kit bolts for their front suspension? Recommended it? or suggest a better alternative?

AGX with Sportlines

Last edited by Andrew7dg; 07-07-2008 at 09:41 PM..
Andrew7dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #2
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm
Re: Ingalls rear camber kit

I never had problems installing mine. Why not hit the bolt out with a punch and hammer? if there isnt room, get a torch (don't be a pussy) heat it up and try spinning it free (I do believe the eccentric washer is part of sleeve or bolt head though.
Currently on Corvette #4
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #3
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

The nut has come off and I have hit the bolt with my BMFH and it hasn't broken free.

Fire sounds like a good Idea! didn't think of that.
The new Ingalls come with rubber bushings already so that won't be a problem. Also came with new bolts because the old ones are F*&Ked

I am thinking of taking the whole thing out and POR15 it and installing Energy suspension bushings while I am this far. Plus I am putting in my 4 bolt finally!
Old 07-08-2008   #4
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

I've got my Ingalls rear kit sitting in a box ready to go in, someday. I wouldn't attempt anything on a 16-year old suspension without an impact though. But heat should work.

I've got the eccentric bolt front camber kit and Koni's with Eibach Sportlines. Works alright, but I can't dial in any negative camber with the 17x9's I've got on there now, so an adjustable pillowtop would be better if you want some real negative camber along with your lowering springs.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008   #5
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

i also have this kit, but i raised my car back up so i don't even need to install these.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008   #6
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Well, it has been decided that the whole rear of the car is going to come out and fixed up. That way I won't have to worry about this again. I have some new bushings in the mail and now I am taking everything apart and POR-15 parts so they look nice. Used the 15 stuff on my s-10 and it looks nice! bought a torch to help the old bolt (For me 18 year old car)!!!

I might make a project thread on this but all I am doing is taking apart everything and just putting it back together, don't know if people are even interested in that.

This is more then I actually wanted to do but might as well do it right the first time and not half ass it later. It will look good for the Mitsu Cookout!

I have heard mixed reviews about the sportlines and the AGXs How do you like them Goat Blower? I know there is a lot of difference between the AGX and the Koni's. I will see how this setup works. There are better suspension systems out there. Anyone else running the setup? opinions?
Old 07-09-2008   #7
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

I have the Ksport coilovers. I enjoy the front upper camber plates, I like the full threaded body, stiff ride near full hard setting.
Currently on Corvette #4
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008   #8
TkrPerformance

Drives: toaster
Send a message via AIM to TkrPerformance

they were great in craigs car. when we put the arms in we ended up cutting the bolt on the inside of the flange to get them out with a sawsall. we used the impact 800ftlbs in reverce did nothing went after them with a torch and just melted the bushings.
TkrPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote