MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 03-15-2004   #1
howslowcanyougo
Older than Dirt...

Drives: IX EVO MR/SE
I bought a Walbro 255 GSS-317 a while back and all it came with was the fuel filter "net". We are getting ready to put this new pump and some other goodies in and want to have everything we need up front.

Anyway one guy says I'll need the Orings, the power wire clip adapter, and some other shit out of the "kit" that I don't have, and the tech from RRE says that from 95 and up it's a direct replacement, that I'll be able to use the stock orings, and power clip?

Has anyone put one of these in? Can you give me the straight scoop? If I do really need "the kit"? If so, where can I buy just the damm "kit" <the clip and orings, etc> without paying another $100 for another pump I already have? Any advice?

TIA..........Howie
Old 03-15-2004   #2
PSI2HI

Send a message via AIM to PSI2HI
Whoever you talked to about need the wiring harness obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. The 2G pump is a direct replacement.

Nick
PSI2HI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004   #3
howslowcanyougo
Older than Dirt...

Drives: IX EVO MR/SE
Ya, he's a big 1G guy. Think you might need that wiring adapter with a 1G then? Talked to a guy over a fuelpumps.com and he quoted me $16.00 on a kit with a spacer, a couple washers, a Oring and a filter that IS THE install Kit, itself, for a 255 install on a 98 Talon, Tsi AWD. There is NOT a wire adapter included with this kit, which just further verifys your comments above. Thanks for your post! Saved about $80.00 this way!
Old 03-15-2004   #4
PSI2HI

Send a message via AIM to PSI2HI
I have the kits as well if you needed one but most of the time the o-ring is in perfect condition and you could reusemost of the stock parts if you wanted.

Nick
PSI2HI is offline   Reply With Quote