MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 12-08-2007   #1
scheides
flips McGee

ETS, Buschur, AMS Turbo and FMIC kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bleeder!! View Post
Guess who's kit the white evo that dyno'd at DB is running?

Its not buschur or ams.
Actually yes its running a ETS turbo kit, but AMS FMIC. This is frivolous, because shane has mentioned to me multiple times how the intake temps are redonkulously high on that car.

Quote:
How is their stuff better? Data please.
Check the thread that Hughes linked, but ETS' fabrication is not as good as AMS or Buschur's tubular manifold turbo kits, and also uses a bunch of mild-steel pieces that basically insta-rust. Would you pay $4500 for something that was rusty out of the box?

Quote:
You mean the parts he buys and relabels as his own. Bushwacker transmissions! Buschur stage five fuel pumps! Ad infinitum.
Yes they do sling parts, but they're always quality parts. Check your facts though, because they do their own transmission rebuilds in-house now, done by Dan. I've heard they rival Shep.

I only stand up for them because Buschur gets thrown under the bus all-to-often, and its usually done with anti-hyped up info like this. Maybe you've had a bad experience with them in the past, but if anyone hated them before it was Hughes, and just last weekend we installed a bunch of buschur parts on his car, and I've endured him telling me about this thing called 'good customer service' ?!?!? Anyways, he bought stuff from them for the same reason I have and will probably continue to. Proven results in combos that are tested time and time again to make power gains. Simple as that.

Now, back on topic.....the most whp I've heard of is that 669whp car, and you never, ever hear how long those last. As far as evos are concerned, breaking the 400whp barrier on DD is going past the point where the stock rod bolts can handle. High rpm and that much power, and the bearings spin, simple as that.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #2
Super Bleeder!!
Reynolds number user

Send a message via AIM to Super Bleeder!!
Re: Highest HP on stock internals?

The kit materials are OPTIONS. You want a budget kit, they will make you one. You want baller materials, they can do that for you as well.

I dont own a part from any of the companies in this thread so i may not be as biased as someone with a shop owners name in their sig
04 E55 AMG
Super Bleeder!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #3
Shotgun!
Totenritt

Drives: Cranberry Plastic, Shiny red Bayliner with a V10
Send a message via AIM to Shotgun! Send a message via MSN to Shotgun!

Mad props to scheides! You just on screwed this thread!
Old 12-08-2007   #4
scheides
flips McGee

Quote:
The kit materials are OPTIONS. You want a budget kit, they will make you one. You want baller materials, they can do that for you as well.

I dont own a part from any of the companies in this thread so i may not be as biased as someone with a shop owners name in their sig
The trouble is they're geared towards selling the lower-quality product. Their IC piping kits are all mild steel as well, with no option to upgrade to SS or even polished SS. Also, higher design quality is not listed as an option

I know their stuff is all the rage right now, but I discovered some of this info lately and just like to point it out to people. I have seen their kits, the GT40 kit fitment is nothing short of amazing, keeping the stock radiator and even PS and air conditioning. Their GT42 kit (goodbye A/C and PS!) has gone 9.4 @16xmph.

Buschur, on the other hand, has a kit that will run 9.6 on a 35R. With air conditioning.

Last edited by scheides; 12-08-2007 at 06:12 PM..
Old 12-08-2007   #5
Super Bleeder!!
Reynolds number user

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
The trouble is they're geared towards selling the lower-quality product. Their IC piping kits are all mild steel as well, with no option to upgrade to SS or even polished SS. Also, higher design quality is not listed as an option
Did you even go on their site?? Click the piping color dropdown, BAM, polished stainless option appears.

Woooo buschur is the best evarrrr, mustache rides for everyone!

And dont quote 1/4 mile times like its something that depends solely on the turbo kit, thats just silly.

But if you wanna play that game, yes buschnuts went fast on a fancy gt35R variant. Curt Brown went quicker and faster 2 whole years ago at the shootout with a non tin-can evo.

A little good info from them:http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/E...615vcv5j82o4o1

If you give them the correct information, they will build you a core to fit your needs. They dont just pop open the garrett or PTE catalog and mash the phone with their mustache(s) to place an order.

They are applying engineering principles. Not doing things the clueless trial and error method so many shops seem fond of doing these days.

Ask Shane if they know what they are talking about, he has spoke with them several times. Or just bring up more shit talking from buschurs own forums with charge air temps being the only variable. I could go on for days about that point but i'd only be talking to myself. Go get a thermofluids book and start reading.

RAWR.

sorry about the threadjack Justin. Serious business.
04 E55 AMG

Last edited by Super Bleeder!!; 12-09-2007 at 12:34 AM..
Old 12-09-2007   #6
scheides
flips McGee

First off, I think you are mis-hearing me hear. I'm not calling their stuff crap. Just could be better, that's all.

Quote:
Did you even go on their site?? Click the piping color dropdown, BAM, polished stainless option appears.
Sorry, I did in fact go to their site, been there several times, and the SS option didn't jump out at me. The fact that anyone would want mild steel on their car at all is just silly, it wears like crap after not too long, painted or not.

Quote:
Woooo buschur is the best evarrrr, mustache rides for everyone!
This is the kind of attitude I'm talking about, it's just annoying honestly.

Quote:
And dont quote 1/4 mile times like its something that depends solely on the turbo kit, thats just silly.

But if you wanna play that game, Woohoo buschnuts went fast on a fancy gt35R variant. Curt Brown went quicker and faster 2 whole years ago at the shootout with a non tin-can evo.
No, but we're talking about turbos and intercoolers, and you have to agree they play a big factor in this game we like to play Going .2 sec faster on a turbo that's rated HUNDREDS of horsepower higher and spools THOUSANDS of rpms later is all I'm getting at here.

Quote:
If you give them the correct information, they will build you a core to fit your needs. They dont just pop open the garrett or PTE catalog and mash the phone with their mustache(s) to place an order.

They are engineering. Not doing things the clueless trial and error method so many shops seem fond of doing these days.
Trial and error is part of engineering, if you don't know that then you need to pull your head out of a book and calculator and start playing in the real world. It's cool that ETS will build someone a core for whatever their need, but the fact is that we're working on a pretty standard platform here (or set of platforms). Finding a combo that works in the real world is the name of the game.

Quote:
Ask shane if they know what they are talking about, he has spoke with them several times. Or just bring up more shit talking from buschurs own forums with charge air temps being the only variable. I could go on for days about that point but i'd only be talking to myself. Go get a thermofluids book and start reading.

RAWR.
What is that supposed to mean, know what they are talking about? This discussion is not about them knowing stuff. The fact is that they use sub-par materials and have admitted themselves that their designs are less than ideal. The mathematically 'correct' design is not unique. The data we were referencing on buschur's forums is merely a sample, and far from what anyone could or should use for reference. No one has all of the information we need, because no one has the time or money to complete such a test...on top of that it wouldn't matter anyways, because different people run different parts combos so it'd be somewhat of a wash anyways.

I've read plenty on thermofluids, and plenty more:
http://www.scheides.com/misc/physics/
you're not talking to yourself.
Old 12-09-2007   #7
Super Bleeder!!
Reynolds number user

Re: ETS, Buschur, AMS Turbo and FMIC kits

I forgot to include the fact that Curt achieved that E.T. and trap on an off the shelf 35R.
04 E55 AMG
Old 12-09-2007   #8
Super Bleeder!!
Reynolds number user

I would also like to add that i am not usually this big of a prick, haha. Its finals crunch time and after tuesday i will pass out for a month of slumber.
04 E55 AMG
Old 12-09-2007   #9
scheides
flips McGee

On a gutted car. I forgot to add this, buschur's car was pretty much full street weight, full interior, etc. Curt Brown's car and Paul's ETS-powered car are the tin-cans you're talking about.
Old 12-09-2007   #10
scheides
flips McGee

Quote:
I would also like to add that i am not usually this big of a prick, haha. Its finals crunch time and after tuesday i will pass out for a month of slumber.
Bring it prick!
Old 12-09-2007   #11
At-Least-It's-An-Evo
At-Least-It's-White-Again

Mario Tetris 2 Champion! Tetris Champion! Tetris 2 Champion!
Drives: 98 iVTEC
Send a message via AIM to At-Least-It's-An-Evo

Quote:
On a gutted car. I forgot to add this, buschur's car was pretty much full street weight, full interior, etc. Curt Brown's car and Paul's ETS-powered car are the tin-cans you're talking about.

Eh... Curt's Evo wasn't gutted. When it ran that 150+mph trap... the interior was pretty legit looking. I looked in it afterwards. It was "sekrrretttlly" gutted, but it was all legit looking. And he did drive it to norwalk 200?+ miles there.

mmmmmmmmustache ride (inside joke)

Done fuckin' with cars but I will snap some photos of yours for now! =)
At-Least-It's-An-Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #12
scheides
flips McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Least-It's-An-Evo View Post
Eh... Curt's Evo wasn't gutted. When it ran that 150+mph trap... the interior was pretty legit looking. I looked in it afterwards. It was "sekrrretttlly" gutted, but it was all legit looking. And he did drive it to norwalk 200?+ miles there.

mmmmmmmmustache ride (inside joke)
Ya, Curt is into the s3kr3t weight reduction.

And don't beat around the bush. If you want one, let me know! Did you buy another evo yet?
Old 12-09-2007   #13
At-Least-It's-An-Evo

Quote:
Ya, Curt is into the s3kr3t weight reduction.

Did you buy another evo yet?
Yep. ETS 74mm turbo kit on the way!

Old 12-09-2007   #14
Swifty1638
Unsure resident asshole

Drives: '92 Eagle TalonTSI w/many mods
Send a message via AIM to Swifty1638

curt even had a damn baby seat on the back with his slicks he was running that year. I saw it in the car at the americinn (I believe that's were he stayed). car was fast. Anyone read the new D-sport, on ETS's evo?

-A. Swift
Black 1GB Mafia #1
744AWHP/526TQ-Shootout mode
639.6AWHP/452TQ-DB's dyno

I wanna go fast.
Swifty1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #15
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty1638 View Post
curt even had a damn baby seat on the back with his slicks he was running that year. I saw it in the car at the americinn (I believe that's were he stayed). car was fast. Anyone read the new D-sport, on ETS's evo?

-A. Swift
That isn't ETS's Evo, its owned by ifarted2 on EvoM who is ETS fanboi #1. I believe he was actually told by ETS to bring the leg-humping down a notch since it was he was going a bit overboard.
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #16
At-Least-It's-An-Evo

Hmmm . . . I wonder when Buschur is gonna chime in.

Old 12-09-2007   #17
tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Least-It's-An-Evo View Post
Hmmm . . . I wonder when Buschur is gonna chime in.
This thread would have to make it to Evom for him to give a fuck. Cant have info that degrades his products impregnating his major cash cow.
tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #18
At-Least-It's-An-Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim View Post
This thread would have to make it to Evom for him to give a fuck. Cant have info that degrades his products impregnating his major cash cow.
I think you missed the point, but it's ok.