MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicle parts for sale

Old 12-04-2008   #1
Batmobile2417

Drives: 92 Talon Work in Progress
Selling 2.3 stroker and many 4g63t parts

I pulled this out of my talon with no compression to find out my head is junk. This is a slow boy racing stroker motor.
I also have
2g mas with the 1g to 2g plug!!
2 1g exhaust manifolds
1 2g exhaust manifold
1 6 puck clutch with presure plate
1 stock Intake manifold with throttle body
1 stock bov
1 power steering pump with all the lines and belt
1 cruise control assembly
1 14b turbo (needs rebuild)
2 stock o2 housings

Call me if interested
Kevin
kjbergy2417@aim.com
Batmobile2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #2
iceminion

Send a message via AIM to iceminion
Re: Selling 2.3 stroker and many 4g63t parts

Your head is junk? did you snap the timing belt? pictures? why not slap another head on the engine and drive the car? more information please!
Old 12-04-2008   #3
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

How much for the 2G manifold?
Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #4
awd-drifter
'2of9'

Drives: Racer Van V6

pmd you about the 1g to 2g mas plug.
Old 12-04-2008   #5
Batmobile2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceminion View Post
Your head is junk? did you snap the timing belt? pictures? why not slap another head on the engine and drive the car? more information please!
Well I lost all compression in all four cylinders and planned on just pulling it anyways to build it for the winter. After pulling the motor I found the head was junk as all the valves are out of place. The head had supposingly been recently "rebuilt" I think it is a home job turned bad. I had just bought the car from a guy on this site and this all happened the second day I had it. All the valves jumped out of place. The head had supposingly been recently "rebuilt" I think it is a home job turned bad.
Old 12-04-2008   #6
xveganxcowboyx
Wanker

Drives: 95 M3

It was my car. A couple corrections. It was more than 2 days before it broke. More like a week or two, since you called me asking for advice about why the car wouldn't start (not to pick bones, but I just want to be clear).

The head was rebuilt by LSE (or whoever they outsource to). Valve grind and 8 exhaust valve stem seals.

By what you said the last time we talked it sounded like the engine ate some dirt/gravel. (intake filter torn open, turbo chipped to hell, pebbles inside the turbo and zero compression). I'm thinking that is the source of damage so expect whatever other damage would be typical of that situation.

As this was my setup (though for only a very short time) I may be able to answer some things about history, build, or whatever else if Kevin can't.

*Sidebar* Did you get any more tuning done on the 2.0?

Last edited by xveganxcowboyx; 12-04-2008 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: Added
xveganxcowboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #7
brando

Drives: gutlass
Send a message via AIM to brando Send a message via MSN to brando Send a message via Yahoo to brando

what do you want for the clutch?
brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #8
Batmobile2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by xveganxcowboyx View Post
It was my car. A couple corrections. It was more than 2 days before it broke. More like a week or two, since you called me asking for advice about why the car wouldn't start (not to pick bones, but I just want to be clear).

The head was rebuilt by LSE (or whoever they outsource to). Valve grind and 8 exhaust valve stem seals.

By what you said the last time we talked it sounded like the engine ate some dirt/gravel. (intake filter torn open, turbo chipped to hell, pebbles inside the turbo and zero compression). I'm thinking that is the source of damage so expect whatever other damage would be typical of that situation.

As this was my setup (though for only a very short time) I may be able to answer some things about history, build, or whatever else if Kevin can't.

*Sidebar* Did you get any more tuning done on the 2.0?
Well after I pulled the head off I seen now that all compression lost was from the valves literally falling off!! My head guy in hugo told me it was a home job or half ass job gone bad!! Yes there was rocks in the turbo from a half assed intake!! However for rocks to go all the way through the piping into the engine would be nearly impossible and there is no damage due to that. That is just the reason why I had to replace the turbo. I have done some tuning with the car. I believe I am coming pretty close though to replacing all the parts on this intire car. This is possibly the most expensive shell I have ever bought. By the way I did loose your number so I couldn't call you. But that grinding in first ended up to be all gears and was not an adjustment instead all the syncros being fried.
Old 12-05-2008   #9
xveganxcowboyx
Wanker

Drives: 95 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmobile2417 View Post
Well after I pulled the head off I seen now that all compression lost was from the valves literally falling off!! My head guy in hugo told me it was a home job or half ass job gone bad!!
I'm not sure who your head guy is. Maybe the same guy as your dyno guy who told you your 16g DSM was making 460 horses. Please, stop listening to guys that just tell you what you want to hear. Did he give you any reason as to why he thought it was a home job? I trust LSE's work (see add above ) to be much better than a "bad home job." Again I expect any damage was probably due to the debris. (Just speculation of course since I haven't seen the engine since it drove away from here).

I'd l would REALLY love to rebut some of the other things you brought up, but as their not relevant to the for sale thread I would prefer to discuss via PM so as not to clutter the board.

Anyway, I'd still be more than happy to provide any info on parts history, use, etc... Kevin, could you tell me what came from the Talon or extra parts I gave you and what isn't?
xveganxcowboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #10
Batmobile2417

well i have dyno sheets for that and track records. Like it is impossible for a built 4g63 to hit over 400 horse? I am pretty dam sure it can as long as it isn't riged like urs was