MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 12-18-2004   #1
Pimpin Dsmstyle
Br0k3N

Send a message via AIM to Pimpin Dsmstyle
Car runs, but will no longer move.

Alright, the other day, my car was movable. Now, when the transmission is in gear, it will not spin allow the tires to move. We went through all of the wiring and it looks correct. The car will start up, but will not move. This is Eriks car and I came up to help because people have helped my and I figure i should return the favor.

Problem #1 : There is coolant coming off the turbo and burning off and on. We suspect the off and on smoking is from the thermostat opening and closing. The car is not over heating. What the hell is going on?

Problem #2 : The car will not move. We can put it into gear, but it seems that the clutch will not engage. We have done nothing with the transmission since it was driving. The only thing I can think of is that we did have the ECU out to check the caps. The ground wire is also not hooked up to the frame because the holes have broken bolts in them and it will not reach any where else.

At this time, these are the problems that we cannot figure out. The car is a 1994 Eagle Talon TSI FWD turbo. The motor being put in is a 91 6 bolt, and it came out of his other car ( along with other various parts) so I know it is in perfect working order. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-18-2004   #2
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Car runs, but will no longer move.

Damn....you guys broke my car already!?! It deffinately sounds like a clutch issue of some sort. That transmission is perfect. Sorry I can't help more, but w/o being there it is pretty tough. While one of your presses the clutch pedal the other get under the car just to verify the clutch fork is moving.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004   #3
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Agreed. It def. sounds like a clutch engagement issue. Make sure you have movement (see above post). You should beable to put the car into gear and start it with the pedal 'in' and it should start and not move. If it lurches forward with the clutch peal pressed in(make sure you have space in-front of the vehicle to allow safe travel forward), then there is a problem. If the clutch hydralics system is up to snuff and you have movement, time to pull of the tranny, something is wrong (clutch itself, to bearing, pivot ball, clutch fork, etc..).
Problem #1:
Check the crush washers around the turbo, make sure none of the rubber lines are torn. Make sure the hard pipe isn't cracked or that factory 'u' pipe isn't loose/leaking at the hard pipe that runs across the front of the engine.
Good luck guys.
Old 12-19-2004   #4
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Just as an added bit of info, both the clutch master and slave cylinders are practically brand new.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #5
Pimpin Dsmstyle
Br0k3N

Send a message via AIM to Pimpin Dsmstyle

I was shocked with the condition of the interior of that car lol. Granted it is dirty, it was nice looking. I love everything about the exterior ( the exact ground effects, spoiler, and bumpers). I was also shocked to learn that it was your car chris lol. Anyways, he is in ohio for about a week and a half. I dont know if he has internet access or phone reception. When he returns home, ill make yet another hike to his house and see what I can help with.

As you all know, my experience is limited lol. We made progress in other areas, as I do have good connections with people that know their shit. I might not be able to do much more than be the bitch of things, but I sure know how to get on the phone or the forums and hit everyone up for help lol.