Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2009   #1
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson
Suspension questions

I just installed the Ksports I had sitting around, just to see how stiff they'd be. I found out online that the standard spring rates are 672lbs in the front and 392lbs in the rear. They don't feel as stiff as I expected, so I decided to keep them. Right now I have all four shocks at 26 out of 36, seems to be a good balance between bouncy and stiff.

My old Tokico springs were apparently 285lbs in front and 160lbs in back, way weak, which is probably why it felt almost like stock.

Now on to my questions:

1. Being that the car is prone to understeer, wouldn't stiffer springs in the rear make more sense? Would removing the front anti-sway bar help? Right now it's on the "loose" setting. Rear is not adjustable.

2. What ride height should I go with? How low is too low to mess up the 2g suspension geometry? Right now I have it same as the tokicos were, about 1.7" below stock. Thinking about raising it up about .25".

3. What will corner weighting help? I didn't preload any springs, just enough so they weren't loose.

4. What is the advantage of setting the shocks tighter? Will this help for autocross or drag racing? Will setting the rears tighter change anything?
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote