MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2009   #1
slow2.0

Drives: 93 6 bolt GSX
TPS problems

Hey there everyone,
here is my story...... I have finally been getting around to my dsm seeing how I have been busy lately with somethings and I just got dsmlink for it and when i made a log i noticed my tps % was at 40% at idle, I was not on the pedal at all. So i thought it was miss adjusted so I went to the bay and lostened the bolts and moved it the opposite way and I can only get it down to 19%. So I had my friend 4g63crazy come over and take a look at it, and he adjusted some stuff on the throttle body and I do beleive on dsmlink. Not 100% sure on what he did but im sure he will come in and say what he did. but what he did didnt help still. So he tried unplugging the sensor and i still read 19%! Then he knew I had a safc in the car so he pulled up the wiring for the install on the safc and told me to go check the wiring on down by the ecu and he pulled up a way to check the TPS sensor(both from vfaq) and i checked the wiring, it was wrapped up good with electrical tape but i still rewrapped it and made sure that the wire wasnt broken. Then i tested the TPS sensor, and it read 4.68v's on the 1 and 4 terminals(spec is 5) is that ok? Then I put it on the 2 and 4 terminals and went from closed throttle to wot and it read 1.06 to the 4.68v's and that is in spec. Then I went up to AMS today for some prices on some stuff(im in chicago for college and im about 20 min away from AMS) real nice guys there and i asked them what they might think it is and I told them what I have done and they said that it might be something in my ecu. So i borrowed my buddies eprom ecu and tried his and still reading 19%. Now im compeletly lost and confused and I need your help! What do you all think it is? thanks in advance!

Jeff
slow2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote