Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2010   #1
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
High Imp Injector help

So it seems the latest craze is some of these high impedance Bosch EV14 injectors. Apparently they are a newer technology then the old EV1 Bosch 1600's that so many of us are running (and most of us have come to learn they need constant attention because they just seem inconsistent). Main thing is they are a lot faster of an injector, which allows for much improved tunability and drivability. Reports of nearly stock feeling idle capabilities with these, even though they flow 2000cc. Also keep in mind these are high impedance, which means removing your resistor pack and jumpering the leads on the stock harness.

The main thing that has stopped me from purchasing some of these newer Bosh high impedance 2000cc injectors, is the fact that you will be dishing out somewhere between 800-1000 bucks for a set of 4. Just for reference, these Bosch ones are often referred to as EV14 injectors. Also another tid bit, is apparently the EV14 ones do not work with C16 fuel. Seal issues or something. But they are rated to be used with E85.

What I now noticed is Five-O motorsports is offering injectors that appear to be very similar to the EV14 high impedance Bosch 2000cc units. They are selling 2000cc EV6 high impedance injectors made by Denso. And it appears you can get a set of 4 of them, with the extenders to make them bolt up to a DSM, and wiring adapters to plug into our OEM harness, for $480 shipped. I am not an injector expert, but is there anyone on here that is that can comment about the difference between EV14 and EV6 injectors?

What I believe I understand so far is this.
-The old EV1 1600's are unstable mainly due to their slow response time, but also have poor spray patterns which doesn't help also. This is why they idle poorly, and also have low throttle issues.
- The EV14 2000's run/idle so much better, and most of that is due to them just being faster overall. This is why the allow the car to idle like stock. Also they have an improved spray pattern
- The EV6 2000's are pretty much identical to the EV14s when it comes to how fast they operate. They have a much improved spray pattern over the EV1's, but not quite as good as the EV14's.

So I guess I'm just looking for some feedback. The EV14's are basically priced out of my range. So I'm curious if these EV6's are a good alternative that are affordable.

Couple links:
EV6's from Five-O
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Fiv...item5635c2fa1f

EV14's from FIC (Injector Dynamics also sells these but for a hair more):
http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/cg...ey=IS225-2150H

And found EV14's from Five-O, although these are sized for an evo, not dsm:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Bos...item518fb98e52

Random exerpt I found regarding the differences between EV6 and EV14:
In 1992, Bosch introduced the EV6, which is thin like a pencil with the USCAR two-pin plug. Mustangs didn't get this injector until '99. The improved Bosch EV14 injector showed up in 2001. What makes the EV14 better than the EV6 are nice refinements that improve performance and reliability: improved spray pattern; a single molded body that will not leak; and fewer parts. The EV14 is interchangeable with the EV6.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test

Last edited by Halon; 02-15-2010 at 12:24 PM..
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote