MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2010   #1
bertrenolds5

Drives: 91 eagle talon GST
Starter won't crank, just clicks when I turn the key

There is something always wrong with my car lately, it never ends. Got in my car the other night after I parked it and she wouldn't start, I can't find out why the starter will not crank. The battery is new and I am getting 12.5 volts with ignition in the on position, tested the starter at orilleys and it passed, pulled the starter relay and I'm not sure how to apply 12volts to it to check for continuity like my chiltons says. With the relay pulled no starter click, with it in the starter will click when I turn the key so the relay must be good. I just put a new ECU in and I'm about to pull it to see if it's ok. I poped my clutch to get the car started to get it home so it runs, I just can't get it to crank.

If anyone is available to help me out I can throw you some cash because I'm out of ideas, or if you know something I should check please let me know. This is annoying the hell out of me, I'm in savage but could pop the clutch again and drive it somewhere. Somone please help me out, my number is 612-385-6378.

Last edited by bertrenolds5; 07-17-2010 at 01:27 PM..
bertrenolds5 is offline   Reply With Quote