MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2013   #1
97gsexx

Blackjack Champion! BlackJack 2 Champion!
Drives: 97 talon
Boost leak? Boost gauge misreading?

Just finshed putting the spyder back together. It is a 6 bolt 2.3 stroker with wiseco/crower pistons & rods, 2g head with stock valve train & springs w/ fp2 272 cams, new gaskets, with only 5,000 miles on the setup. When doing a boost leak test, the tank is set to 25 psi and seems to be holding boost. I have it at 30* past tdc and I still hear air exit exhaust. The boost gauge reads 2 psi when doing the blt. I fixed all the leaks I could find/hear (soapy water method). Just replaced injectors and seals/o rings. I don't hear any leaks and it holds pressure for 30 seconds+ when when I stop adding air. I am using a 29 gallon tank, and my tester doesn't leak.

I got the car last Friday and it had a bad boost leak that was not allowing it to go into boost when driving. He did a compression test and it all checked out. I just put in cams, 3g lifters, replaced timing belt, vc gasket, injectors, turbo, exhaust, pr mvs wastegate setup dumping to atmosphere, intake, valve cover, link v3 full, and afpr.

Boost gauge could be off? It's a practically new prosport boost gauge. I have an autometer I could throw in. Lines look fine. The boost gauge should read similar to the pressure the tank is showing, correct? Intercooler couplers are very tight, no leaks. Possibly bent valves since air is escaping through exhaust while at 30* tdc?

I am going to do a compression and leak down test tonight after work. Any advice on what to test would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 97gsexx; 07-08-2013 at 09:10 AM..
97gsexx is offline   Reply With Quote