MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2005   #1
1990BlackGSX

Tournaments Won: 6

Question Somthing is very messed up 242 count's of knock..yep that right..HELP!!

Hello I'm not new to DSM's but new to this forum. I just got done redoing the head and t-blet, because I bought the car at a junk yard for 600. anyway it runs fine, but has issues everyonce in a while thats not the concern right now though. has 116,000 on bottom end, 200 on head and 149 150 149 151 numbers when cold

First off stock engine, just has a EVO manifold, and a little done to head. It's a 1990 gsx. IT running fine, but it will have little hesitations every once a while. Used to fall on it's face at 4000 but stopped doing that. Boost's to 9-10psi on autometer guage not stock guage. VAc is right at 18-19 at idle. Runs great, but tonight I did a log and got 7968RPM which I shift at 6 or lower amybe 6 and a hlf and 228 counts of knock. did it once though and never again, is my knock sensor going??? I know most engine's can't take 45 counts of knock let alone 228 I know it didn't have that much or it wouldn't have driven home, it did pull advance timing to 6 degrees when it's usually 45. Fuel trims are a bit on the lean side. L=114.8% which means the ecu had to add 14% more fuel. M=115.6% which ecu had to add 15.6% more fuel. 114.8% which means it had to ad 14.8% to get to thaT 14.7 MAGIC number. I think it may be a fuel pump or injectors. I need help as 228 is scary and very wierd. I know if it really did that much knock the engine would be toast.

So I need help, I can post the whole log if I find out how to lol.

Ohh yeah and at 6000 or so the MAF reads 1509.5 Hz isn't that a bit much for stock boost.

The turbo it's self may also be on it's way to turbo heaven because it wines louder than normal and it looks like it's leaking around the oil feed and turbo seal (hey it's got 116,00 on it) I plan to replace the turbo, but want to find out whats wrong first.

I really think my knock sensor is shot,

I can't beleave it said 228 counts of knock at 7968 rpm's...is my tach really that far off??

I found out it did it twice, but the second time it reached 8000rpm and 242 count's of knock

Also for that second my air temp went to 363 and my timing adv went to 260, and my coolent went to 278 form 199,and so I know somthing is wrong...could the ecu be bad???

thanks to all that help out

Derek