MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2003   #1
JustROLLIN
SpunBearing

Breakout Champion! Field Goal FootBall Champion!
First off I will start by saying that this problem has only started to occur during the cold/snowy months. This may be coincidence, maybe not.

I will go out and start my car in the morning, no problem. Drive my car to destination X, no problem. But, if I go into a store for a short amount of time (half-hour to and hour) when I come back out and start the car, it runs like sh--. The car doesn't wanna rev, sounds like a 52 John Deere and doesn't accelerate at all. I don't know if its related or not, but when I pop the hood, there is what seems to be a ticking sound coming from my alternator. The sound is almost like current jumping.

But, if I go into somewhere for an extended period of time, and let the car cool completely, the car will run fine again. I really need some advice on this one guys and gals. I thought it might be an o2 sensor cause I will throw a CEL when the car is running poorly. I replaced that, but it didn't help. (Needed it anyway) If anyone can shed some light I would appreciate it. I don't want to take it into a shop for diagnosis till I try to fix it myself. TIA!!!

Joe