MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 03-11-2006   #1
blageo23
AWD4G64

Send a message via AIM to blageo23
My Bearings Shrunk

Took my engine out and took it apart and this is my findings...
-Bearings:
Looked at the bearings and they seemed to have shrunk(main and rods). When I put the bearings in they fit snug(had to press them pretty good). Now they slip out and there is a gap between the bearings and the caps.
-Oil Pump:
The oil pump was hard to move when I took it out but after moving it a bit it spun freely. The gears in the oil pump looked good.
-Oil:
There was metal pieces in the oil pan. Oil filter was clean with no metal pieces. Oil in turbo and head were both free of metal pieces as well.
-Crank:
Bearing surfaces look good. The oil hole on for the rod bearing was filled with metal. I had to pound it out for with a screwdriver(carefully).

Does anyone know what could be wrong? For further info go here http://dsmstyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9182. I took pics but my camera is being stupid, so Ill get them later.
Thanks,
Mike
blageo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #2
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15
Re: My Bearings Shrunk

Like before, tear it down completely and replace the parts that can't be reused. Make sure you clean every oil passage with cleaner, compressed air and small passage brushes. It looks like your bearings are really trashed, so double check journal diameters and such. It might be best to have that done at a good machine shop since most people don't have the right measuring tools laying around.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote