MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 07-20-2006   #1
BKs50trimGST
Post whore

Send a message via AIM to BKs50trimGST
Need of some help- PLZ!!!

Two days ago i decided to finally fix my o2 housing sensor by getting a new one. I got the old one half off and completely forgot that i had to work, and instead of fixing the problem, i just put the old one back in for one more day. Right away my car started acting funny, idle surges and my check engine light turned off, its usually on because of the o2 sensor being broken. the cars idle was usually going from 1500-2000 rpms, the cars electrical was completely messed up, pw, pl not working. cars stereo is messed, air doesn't work. I went to work, got off. . . was driving home when my horn started going off, had to pull the fuze to stop it. cars idle was still going crazy. check engine was still off, i believe because the o2 sensor wasn't plugged in all the way, and when i reinstalled it, fixed it. That was just the beginning to my night. Decided later on to go see the gf at her work, car ended up not starting, lights wouldn't turn off. decided to leave the car out there until this morning. went to my car today, pulled the battery to get it cheched out by o'reilly. battery ended up being bad, so bought an optimal battery, seemed to fix the problem for starting... now here's where it gets wierd... when i drive the car for a little bit, the electrical and everything goes back to normal, but when i put my windows down all the way, the eletrical goes back to wierd... then put them up slightly and turns everything back on.WIERD AND MESSED UP TO ME. the car still idles very wierd, if i run the car long enough the idle slowly goes back to normal. the stereo code has to be reset almost everytime that i turn it on. I think i'm still going to install the new o2 housing sensor because i can't trust this old one. All help is greatly appreciated, probably something easy but i can't figure it out, thanks again...brian... basically everything on the fuze box on the left of the car, the black box, got messed up. i can't tell if the o2 housing sensor and the electrical problems are linked. ok... to help u out maybe, last time i got my car dyno tuned at elite, the o2 sensor wasn't working and shane wasn't able to tune the car 100%, and now that the car's o2 sensor is working i think it may have messed up the car, i was planning on getting the car tuned really soon again, if this helps its an safc-2 by apexi.
BKs50trimGST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #2
1QUICK4
Crash Course Racing

Drives: in circles
Send a message via Yahoo to 1QUICK4
Re: Need of some help- PLZ!!!

Have you pulled any DTC's yet? I don't think a busted O2 sensor would take out your ECU unless you F-d up the insulation on the wires trying to take it out and maybe shorted it.

I would pull some codes and try and get an idea where to start.
Old 07-20-2006   #3
carltalon

Drives: 98 Eclipse GSX Auto
Send a message via AIM to carltalon Send a message via Yahoo to carltalon

The o2 sensor is very close to the positive terminal on the alternator. Is it posible you have a short between the two. I would also check the 80 amp ALT fuse under the hood they tend to make things go crazzy when they go.
Old 07-20-2006   #4
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

Yep, sounds like you popped the Alternator fuse. Damn things act possessed sometimes when it goes!

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006   #5
BKs50trimGST
Post whore

Send a message via AIM to BKs50trimGST

thanks 4 all the help guys, and yes it was a blown alternator fuze, its all fixed now though. cars running like a champ. and yes, things got pretty "possessed" when that fuze went out. i thought my car had a mind of its own.
BKs50trimGST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006   #6
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKs50trimGST
fuze
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKs50trimGST
fuze
Fuse.

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006   #7
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Thank God somebody figured it out, because I had no idea what you posted up there.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote