Look into RRE's X-Clutch
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #42
HiImBrian

Drives: the girls crazy
Send a message via AIM to HiImBrian
Re: clutch kit suggestion

^your clutch should have lasted a lot longer. And with all do respect, are you actually reading this thread? People aren't going to make up your mind for you. There have been plenty of great posts about each clutch. From this thread I have decided to go with a southbend dxd because imo it seems very comparable to the 2600 but a little smoother. It's also cheaper which is a win for me.
Old 01-08-2008   #43
TsiEagleTalon92

Drives: 2022 Hyundai Palisade

I was picking and choosing posts to read. I am not familiar with what is involved with clutches so I have no clue if I am able to use the pressure plate I have still or if that is even what provides the heavy resistance I have to push in the pedal. I'm just looking for a quick answer for a heavy grabbing clutch that will support what I have and want.
TsiEagleTalon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #44
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsiEagleTalon92 View Post
I was picking and choosing posts to read. I am not familiar with what is involved with clutches so I have no clue if I am able to use the pressure plate I have still or if that is even what provides the heavy resistance I have to push in the pedal. I'm just looking for a quick answer for a heavy grabbing clutch that will support what I have and want.
Try reading the entire thread, you will find most the info you're looking for. After reading everything, come back and ask more questions if you have any.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #45
TsiEagleTalon92

Ok. So I read them and I still don't know what to do. If I can keep the same pedal pressure as I have now thats good, what component is it? I do like my 2600 but I have heard from my cousin in the past that he was thinking of a southbend but went with what I have now. If the both are comparable and seem to be the same but different.. idk.
Old 01-08-2008   #46
TsiEagleTalon92

I wont be getting anything anytime soon because of funds and garage space so its just ideas at the moment.
Old 01-08-2008   #47
Super Bleeder!!
Reynolds number user

Send a message via AIM to Super Bleeder!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.98GSX View Post
^your clutch should have lasted a lot longer. And with all do respect, are you actually reading this thread? People aren't going to make up your mind for you. There have been plenty of great posts about each clutch. From this thread I have decided to go with a southbend dxd because imo it seems very comparable to the 2600 but a little smoother. It's also cheaper which is a win for me.
Dont get one with a feramic disk. Unless you like welding your drivetrain together.
04 E55 AMG
Super Bleeder!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #48
crazy_skier
A.E.K.Δ.B

Beer Dude 2 Champion!
Drives: 1994 Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bleeder!! View Post
Dont get one with a feramic disk. Unless you like welding your drivetrain together.
Thats why i will re-reccomend the sprung kevlar. It is a street disk so it's very driveable, but has amazing grab and can hold lots of power. With the 2600 its been proven to 30K with 500+ hp & tq by twick69 on tuners, and has withheld around 8k and 350 awhp for my car so far. With the pressure plate, if there are no heat spots/cracking/warping it should be fine, but I will reccomend replacing the pivot ball and clutch fork... the 2600 does alot of damage to those items.
crazy_skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #49
Kevin 1G Drummer

Drives: Silver '02 IS300, Blue '06 Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Ok. So I read them and I still don't know what to do. If I can keep the same pedal pressure as I have now thats good, what component is it? I do like my 2600 but I have heard from my cousin in the past that he was thinking of a southbend but went with what I have now. If the both are comparable and seem to be the same but different.. idk.
Just so you know, pedal pressure doesn't really have alot to do with how well a clutch will hold power. Alot of it is what the friction disc is made of.
Old 01-08-2008   #50
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Quote:
On your ACT, it is the pressure plate that gives you the heavy pedal. Again like I said directly after your post, I recommend giving RRE a call and asking about their X-Clutch.
Old 01-08-2008   #51
TsiEagleTalon92

Ya I know that pedal doesn't have anything to do with the grip of the disk, I'll give them a call in a couple days or so. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2008   #52
HiImBrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_skier View Post
Thats why i will re-reccomend the sprung kevlar. It is a street disk so it's very driveable, but has amazing grab and can hold lots of power. With the 2600 its been proven to 30K with 500+ hp & tq by twick69 on tuners, and has withheld around 8k and 350 awhp for my car so far. With the pressure plate, if there are no heat spots/cracking/warping it should be fine, but I will reccomend replacing the pivot ball and clutch fork... the 2600 does alot of damage to those items.
I'll look into that. I trust your opinion it just seems a little pricey for me.

edit: where can you buy just the pp?

Last edited by HiImBrian; 01-08-2008 at 08:26 PM..
HiImBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #53
crazy_skier
A.E.K.Δ.B

Beer Dude 2 Champion!
Drives: 1994 Suburban

I know that modern auto sells just the pressure plate, and so does lse.Also, I also have a under 1K 2600 pressure plate sitting in my garage. I think I got the pressure plate for $290 shipped and then I got the sprung kevlar disk for ~$180 shipped. So it was a little pricey being close to $500 + clutch fork but I absolutely loved the grab and easy driveability. The disk has the kevlar built up like an 8 puck but is on a whole disk, so it is a big grabbier like a puck disk than my old full 2600 set up, but not grabby in a bad way. Minneapolis traffic was ok, and that was also with an act lightweight flywheel
crazy_skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #54
HiImBrian

Yea I would love to go with a setup like that but imo that's a little more than I really need and more than I'd like to spend haha. This is my dd and I think a dxd would work just fine. Thanks though!
Old 02-21-2008   #55
HiImBrian

Gunna bring thing back for a couple more last questions.

Halon if you reccomend the rre x-clutch so much could you give me a link? I can't find that one on their site.

I'm planning on going with the sbd dxd clutch kit. After skimming and re-skimming this thread and others I found it's right up there with the 2600 and should/could last just as long. If anybody has any reason to choose the 2600 or a diff clutch over the dxd post up and lmk soon. I'm be ordering this later today. thanks again for all your guys help
Old 02-21-2008   #56
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

If you are actually interested in it, you must call them as they do not advertise it.

Here is a link to their Evo one, but the stats are different for the DSM one. Call them and they can tell you the specs.
http://roadraceengineering.com/evo/nonameclutch.htm
Old 02-21-2008   #57
HiImBrian

Ok I'll give them a call, but I'd like to stay under $400 for the kit if possible.
Old 02-26-2008   #58
awd-drifter
'2of9'

Drives: Racer Van V6

hey guys, i was doing some research and what about Zoom clutches? i hear they're sorta like the fidanza's but less money. has anyone ran them? im thinking about getting the stage 2 zoom clutch kit pretty soon. thanks again guys!