MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicles for sale

Old 04-22-2008   #1
DontStopMe

Bejeweled Champion!
Drives: Camaro
FS/FT 1992 AWD 6/4 Eagle Talon

May be willing to trade for a civic or something that will get me good gas mileage and be a reliable DD for summer when I'm working on my other DSM. otherwise 2,400obo.

1992 Eagle Talon tsi AWD
121,XXX current miles
13G turbo
Automatic (rebuilt with less than 12,000 miles on it)
ARP head studs

When I bought it, I was told the head and tranny were rebuilt with less than 3000 miles on them. I changed the valve cover when i got it so i know it has ARP head studs and the head looked really clean, so im pretty sure the tranny and head were rebuilt like I was told.(tranny shifts good) After driving the car for about a month, the alternator went and took the battery too, so I changed both. Then about a week later my car went into limp mode because the caps on the TCU were leaking, so I bought a used but rebuilt TCU. Then shortly after the ECU also had leaky caps, so I bought a rebuilt one from Steve(DSMtuners ECU guru). I have the receipt for that if your the kinda person than wants to see receipts. The last thing I did to the car was change the temp sensor. Sometimes the car will have a random misfire when its cold, but it goes away once its warm.

body:
-clear corner lenses
-motegi ff6 16" rims
-good tires
-Stainless steel braided brake lines all around
-newer lower ball joins

the paint on the hatch and a little on quarter panel is starting to spider crack. The hatch is the worst, the quarters not really to bad. There is a dent in the passenger side rear quarter. Its not really noticeable in straight on pictures, but I'll get you a back side picture so you can see what it looks like. The car had a dent in the drivers side fender when i bought it. It actually was right where the door meets the fender. I bought a new fender and had it painted. The door still shows a little sign of damage but not much, I will try to get pictures of it. The car has some small rust spots starting in different areas, nothing big though. The worst is the inside of the passenger door area. Its not rusted through or anything, just has surface rust. I'll get pics when I can.

Interior:
-cd player
-subwoofer
-amplifier

normal wear and tear for a 16 year old car. I have a sub woofer and amplifier in the trunk that would stay with the car.
Engine:
-6bolt
-ARP head studs
-blue powder coated valve cover
-head was rebuilt with new valves, spring, retainers and new 2g revised lifters.(less than 12,000 since rebuild)
-mitsu mls headgasket
-stainless steel exhaust manifold bolts & valve cover bolts
-13G turbo
-5speed cams
-new alternator
-rebuilt TCU
-rebuilt ECU
-newer exhaust with new flex pipe and test pipe

I did a compression test when i bought it and they were all around 140-150psi. I bought it with no cooling lines hooked up to the turbo. But since its just a 13G, i figured I wouldn't worry about it. The water pipe is blocked off, so it would need to be replaced if you wanted to add the cooling lines. I did buy a good waterpipe that could go with the car if you wanted ad the lines. The turbo still pulls just fine for being a little 13g.

DontStopMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #2
Defiant
Banned

Re: FS/FT 1992 AWD 6/4 Eagle Talon

shucks.. An automatic...
Defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #3
brando

Drives: gutlass
Send a message via AIM to brando Send a message via MSN to brando Send a message via Yahoo to brando

hmm i like the car. too bad its an auto tho, and im broke. but if i get the urge to buy another one ill hit ya up
brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #4
DontStopMe

Bejeweled Champion!
Drives: Camaro

Sold.
DontStopMe is offline   Reply With Quote