MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 06-03-2009   #1
NTobler

Drives: 1991 Talon TSI
Car violently shaking?

Whats up guys, I finally got my car kind of running. With my luck though, I think the starter is going out because I can hear that the starter spinning but it sounds like its not hitting the flywheel causing the car not to start, but this isn't the case all the time. I'd say 1 out of 8 tries the car will start. Another problem I discovered driving it on the way home was that (it seems like, it could jest be a coincidence) but when ever I turn a corner somewhat fast, my car starts violently shaking while trying to accelerate, but if I let off the gas it will stop and be fine. Now, this issue started after I dropped the tranny and transfer case and took out both axles to change the clutch and flywheel in my car. I did have to repair the inner boot cover on the passenger side axle, since the old one was ripped. I don't think I installed the boot cover on wrong, but maybe? Is there anything I can do to pin point this shit, or can I literally pay anyone to help me out? Kerry, maybe you could help me out here since nate is a breaking everything he touches on my car lol.
NTobler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #2
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Car violently shaking?

My car had a bad shake above a certain speed a long time back. Felt like a bent wheel. Ended up being the driveshaft carrier bearing. I just pumped it full of urethane caulk and it's been fine ever since.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009   #3
twack
It was a auto get over it

Drives: something better then you
Send a message via AIM to twack

yup ive done the carrier bearing fill
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009   #4
NTobler

I'm new to this whole thing still, where is the carrier bearing? And would it be obvious if I was to look at it if it where shot or not?
Old 06-04-2009   #5
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

http://vfaq.com/index-main.html

Not sure if you know of that site yet, but it's very helpful.

Go under the DRIVETRAIN | DRIVESHAFT section and you'll see a couple articles on the carrier bearing.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009   #6
NTobler

So thats what you think it is? That a bunch of crap to do by myself again, if it aint the problem lol.
Old 06-04-2009   #7
Constant_Project21

Drives: E36

Man it is just neverending with this car..haha. I had the shake in my laser when it had a bad carrier bearing, thats my guess as well.
Constant_Project21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009   #8
twack
It was a auto get over it

Drives: something better then you
Send a message via AIM to twack

we dont have the car so we are taking a stab in the dark at your issues. In all reality i dont understand how that car has been daily driven for months and now in your possesion it has had never ending problems, unless your beating on it. There will be a lot of usless things you will do on the way to maintaining your DSM but you HAVE to do it for it to run. From your discription you will have to try the fix and see if it works...if not try the next thing. Its how DSMs are
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009   #9
NTobler

Yeah I don't believe this car has ever been a daily driver, but ok. I've driven this car a total of 200 miles, and haven't went past 80 mph. While dropping the tranny and seeing numerous amount of bolts holding the tranny in where missing, seeing that the trannys motor mount didn't even have a screw holding it in, rather then what it appears to be is J&B weld just holding it into place lol. There is only 2 screws in the exhaust manifold, this list continues. There is an obvious reason why this guy sold it, it wasn't because he needed money for a baby like you stated though. Because his fat ass is now cruising on a brand new R6. Oh well, im the retard for buying it.