MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 05-22-2004   #1
dylan

Drives: .
Well I am having a charging problem in my car. Before I finish ripping everything apart to put a new alternator in I was wondering if there were any other tests I should do besides watching the voltmeter while the car is running. The voltage is around 11.54 while the car is running, but it is not going down or up so I am guessing the alternator is not totally dead yet.

Also, if anyone knows a good page with pictures with an alternator swap on it post it up . I think I know what I am doing... maybe not.

Thanks
-Dylan
dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004   #2
dylan

:rant: :rant: :rant: Man I wish I could find my manual
Old 05-23-2004   #3
dylan

Nevermind the alternator. Some fuckface drunk bitch drove through my yard today and through my garage. Totalled my dsm and my moms van.
Old 05-23-2004   #4
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
hmy: Whaa??? How the heck did that happen? Take some pictures. :cry:
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004   #5
dylan

They were going west on 36th and she hit the curb, went through my fence, through my garage, hit my moms car, which hit my car. She hopped out of her truck and out of my garage and tried to run away. The police caught her a few blocks away on noble. I'll definalty post pics when I get them from my neighbor who took tons while I was filming. Drunk driving and hit & run, I hope she gets what she deserves. I almost also wish she would have hit the 4 foot wide tree in my yard. That would have stopped her dead in her tracks. There was a beer can in her car. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I am glad I was not home when it happened. I might have chased her down and did something terrible.
Old 05-23-2004   #6
Jana
Mazda Bitch

OMG!! That's unbelievable, and it really sucks. Hope she gets what she deserves! :rant:
Jana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004   #7
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes
stupid c.... wtf is wrong with people these days... and she tought to run? eye for an eye... it costed you a lot of money to keep the car running and everything else.. sue her!!! stupid b.....

i had something similar hapen to my friend. over 15K in damages... guess how much he got? $000000 ... ZERO.... the drunk driver didnt have license, or insurance.... no money in bank and lived in a trailer...

guess what then, the city tried to have HIM pay for the firehidrant almost $1500 because the drunk driver didn't have any money and he did. To this day, he still gets that bill periodicly....

my sister got hit by a person that has no insurance, and guess what hapend.. $3000 damage, we got $0 because we only had comp on the car.. winter beater.. but still.. the person that hit her got away with it because she doesn't own anything and doesn't have insurance.. lives off state and doesn't want to work... and people who work hard have to pick up the tab even tho its not thir fault.

sorry for rambling...

Good luck and just know, no one got hurt, everything else can be replaced human life/suffering cant!

-E
Old 05-23-2004   #8
dylan

That was my first thought when my mom called me and I was out in Ramsey was that it was some low life crackhead who stole a car and probably doesn't have a license as that is how my luck usually goes.

Also, last year on May 26, an old guy had a heart attack during the day and was going the opposite way on 36th avenue and went through the front of my garage and took another good section of my fence out. No cars totalled that time, but his car was on fire about 5 feet from my house. I think it is time to move.

Forgot to mention that the engine is probably still good. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Old 05-23-2004   #9
520Talon

Dibs on motor. I'll even pull it and pull all of the other stuff you want to keep out of it. I will pull up in a big van with everything we need.

Seriously I'm serious about it. I'm not working this week and can do it any day you need.
520Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004   #10
dylan

Its got around 45k original miles on the engine so I think I am gonna keep that baby.