MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 05-15-2011   #1
Perkul8r

Drives: 91 GVR4
Stalling under load.

Ok, first off, not sure if this was the right spot to post this, so if it needs to be moved, please do.

Anyway. Ever since I bought my car it has had a random problem. Sometimes when just rolling into throttle and getting into boost the car act as its hitting fuel cut. It just stalls out and jerks real bad. Now it does not do this every time. Earlier today I could roll into boost and hit 6 psi (what I have my MBC set to) and it was fine. Kinda felt like maybe a misfire while doing so, but not for sure.

But than later tonight it would do the problem just like before.

I do have a small list of things I am replacing this week. Mainly plugs, wires, fuel filter, possibly fuel pump.

Things I have checked: Boost leaks and vacuum lines.

I tried searching but couldn't find much. Hoping that someone may have some insight. I dont have a logger yet, so I cant see whats happening.

Car is fairly stock, egr delete, emissions delete, MBC.

Any other things I could check? I am not sure what could be causing it. And I aint finding to much info on google. lol
Old 05-15-2011   #2
Chim55117

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Re: Stalling under load.

Check your MAF wiring, and your ECU wiring/ECU. If the caps have leaked on your ECU you could have some problems.

Last year I had almost the same symptoms and replaced a ton of parts before I found that a mouse had bitten through my MAF ECU wire.

Might not be the problem in your case, but it couldn't hurt to check.
Old 05-15-2011   #3
Perkul8r

Thanks man. I will def check that. I forgot about checking the ECU. I will have to pull it out and take a look.
Old 05-20-2011   #4
Perkul8r

Ok so far I have been able to change the plugs and wires. Haven't gotten a chance to pull down the ECU and check it out.

Also, the car has only done the hesitation like once or twice since I changed plug wires.

Now the other thing going on is that when it comes down to an idle the oil light will flash on the dash. But the car is not low on oil. Its actually a touch over full. So not sure whats going on there.

But to help out I did find a cheap logging setup. Its just a Palm data logger. But it will work and help read my DTC's..
Old 05-20-2011   #5
CornFed2.4

Drives: You crazy!
Send a message via AIM to CornFed2.4

Check the gap aswell. (stock gap is .028) Also, I dont know if you read my thread or not but you should run bPr7es NGK's.
CornFed2.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011   #6
Perkul8r

I will have to check and see what plugs are in there now. I didn't really pay attention. I bought em when I got the car. I know they are NGK's though.

I will check the gap on them and see where they are at. I was told they are pregapped. And I didn't have a gap checker at work with me when I put them in.
Old 05-23-2011   #7
Perkul8r

Ok. well. I ended up getting a data logger and it showed me a couple things. First off, my TPS is bad. That is what keeps throwing the Check engine light. Also, my coolant temp never goes above 189*. Hopefully thats just the sensor. I have a new one. My oil pressure is under 10 psi at idle. Not sure whats up there. Oh, and my alt is dying. lol.