MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 08-15-2004   #1
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
What are the causes of this? What can i do to stop it? Which BOV is the best for eliminating this? sorry about the noob question but i really want to get rid of it. are the blitz BOVs pretty good?
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004   #2
CDeutsch

1G DSM or Greddy Type-S seem to be the most popular.
CDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004   #3
MustGoFaster

Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion!
Drives: A big dirty V8
Send a message via ICQ to MustGoFaster Send a message via AIM to MustGoFaster Send a message via Yahoo to MustGoFaster Send a message via Skype™ to MustGoFaster
Any bov that works should make it go away. What makes you think you have it?
Old 08-15-2004   #4
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance
Real compressor surge happens when a turbo puts out more airflow than the motor can injest. It is somewhat rare on DSMs. Pretty much you need a big turbo that is spooling too quick for its size. I think Nash and Blake have experienced it on their cars. It is a much more common problem on Supras. It has nothing to do with BOVs.

I think Robert at FP calls what you are thinking of "internet surge", because every newbie on the internet thinks that the fluttering noise that a tight BOV makes is compressor surge. Just about any BOV is fine as long as it doesn't leak.
Old 08-17-2004   #5
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Thank you for clearifying that shane. a guy that tunes the cars at Road Race Engineering was trying to tell me that the HKS is shitty because it causes compressor surge, and that im killing my turbo by having it on there.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004   #6
Jana
Mazda Bitch

LMFAO. This has got to be the funniest tech thread ever.

Sorry Tom, but my guess his he was pulling your leg because you were sounding like a dumbass. It's ok, I'm just giving you some additional shit.
Jana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004   #7
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard
I think in Nash's case its his MAFT. The 2.5in IC piping to 3.5in MAFT couplers could be creating turbulance right around 25psi, then once the air evens out, it smooths out and goes away. But its not a fact until he tries the 3in MAFT and see if it gets rid of it.

And yeah Tom the HKS is not causing the problem. Even though it sounds annyoing and some people don't like them. The HKS is a pretty good functioning BOV. It will take damn near unlimitied amounts of boost with out a problem due to its design. So I would look elsewhere for you issues.

CRAIG
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote