MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 09-17-2004   #1
blageo23
AWD4G64

Send a message via AIM to blageo23
So I got my Greddy Type S and I put it in and I have no clue how to set it. Does anyone know how you set the thing. I might have it right but I want to be sure. I am runing stock boost on my 2G GST. I have intake and IC piping kit(if that makes a difference). Another question I had is what is the advantage/ disadvantages of having the 2nd smaller nipple attatched. I read that you hook it up to a line from the turbo to the waist gate thing. I did that and I didnt notice a difference. I read that most people dont have it connected. Well any info would help.
Thanks,
Mike
blageo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004   #2
Khadgar
Can't Actually Wrench

Send a message via AIM to Khadgar
I think you go by the sound it makes when you are setting it, so you get a psh, and not a flipflipflipflip noise. Enes says to no hook up the bottom nipple, but you'd have to ask him why, I think he said something about it causes a boost leak. I have never had mine hooked up and it works just great.

:goodluck:
Khadgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004   #3
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Setting it too loose will cause a boost leak. Just tighten it a good amount and you'll be fine, or adjust it until it's what you want.

You will want to leave the small nipple open, all that does is vent the lower section of the diaphram.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004   #4
illz

tighten it until you hear it flutter when you get off the gas, then loosen it a turn or two